||15||

Warning: hints of homophobia and bullying in this chapter

°🔥°

"My future self told me a little about what's going to happen to me at some point in April," I told my three friends now we were home and I had made sure my Dad wasn't here, "or at least... He warned me. Because of that, I'm going to tell you this so that you can stop me from doing something stupid in the future."

"It's nothing serious, right?" Nejire asked, she, Mirio, and Tamaki all looked equally nervous.

"Uh—maybe?" I shrugged, "just listen and no interruptions until I'm done."

"Ok," they all nodded.

"Ok then..." I started, "Back in America, my best friend was a kid called Lowell Reeves. We were always stuck together like glue because we were both super late bloomers with our quirks, we protected each other no matter what. Now, Lowell isn't the point to this, more accurately... his older brother by one year is."

I let out a shaky breath before continuing.

"His name was Aysen Reeves, and he was my boyfriend for four years," I said, "he was one of those leather jackets, ripped jeans, motorbikes, piercings, tattoos, illegal activities kind of guys. The one guy who everyone wanted to be with, but they feared him which ironically made him the most popular guy in our school. Not that that's important. I'd known Aysen for as long as I'd known Lowell because for some odd reason, he felt the need to torment me every time I was with Lowell."

I rolled my eyes as I remembered Aysen and his "pranks".

"Over time, though, his torments became... less violent and humiliating and more... I don't know, affectionate? Is that the word I'm looking for? Like rather than tricking me and pushing me into a damn lake, he tricked me into going on dates with him... multiple times. I never learned," I said, "but after maybe three or four months of that nonsense, I ended up accepting his tricks and taunts and we started dating. This, of course, put me centre attention. Me being gay wasn't enough apparently, me dating Aysen, the number one guy on the block put the icing on the cake."

I leaned back and looked off to the side as I felt myself drifting into unwanted memories.

"I bet he seduced him into being gay," someone pushed my back.

"Yeah, the gay bastard was so lonely he just had to rope the top dog into his disgusting world," another person countered before kicking me in the back of my knees forcing me to drop down onto them. I wasn't going to fight back. God only knows what they'd do if I did.

"Hey now, little rainbow boy," my head was forced up and the cold steel of a flip knife was pressed against my cheek, "my Dad always told me that gays should be cut up and thrown to the rats. Maybe we should cut you up too. Shame that you're actually good looking but no one will miss your pretty little face."

(I will, leave my boy alone (()))

"Actually—someone will," a voice boomed over everyone else—

I shook myself from my memories.

"The social pressure I was put under was more than it usually was. I had death threats most the time," I grumbled, looking away, "sometime it'd be dead creatures like rats, frogs even a bird at one point. Graffiti. Group beat ups. But every time, Aysen just... appeared out of nowhere and stopped the situation, though, the more he interfered... the worse things got. I was even followed home one night and jumped in the middle of the street."

"Anyway. The point is, two years ago, January 12th, our classes, both mine Lowell's and Aysen's went on a trip to the mountains. Our classes were obviously separated with us being a year apart so I stuck with Lowell, how I always would before," I continued to recall the day that proved to be my breaking point, "we were separated into small groups within the class and sent off to do activities with a ranger. We took a break near a cliff... Our ranger said he had to take a call and walked off to who knows where, leaving me and Lowell alone like sheep within a pack of wolves. Obviously, the bullies took this as their chance and—"