Chapter 41

Levi's POV

Kara came walking out of the bedroom wearing the dress I had asked her to. It fit perfectly on her, tight enough to accentuate her curves and ending just a few inches below her ass. She had strap heels on that lengthened her smooth tans legs.

My eyes drifted upwards away from her body and to her face. Her hair was pinned back in a low bun with two curls resting on the side of her face. Damn, those beautiful brown eyes looked so bright as she stared at me, blushed spread on her cheeks and she smiled shyly. That gloss on her full lips made me want to smash mine on hers and kiss it away.

Wow, she is gorgeous. The most beautiful woman I've ever seen. And she's mine and only mine.

"Stop staring at me." She said, laughing.

"I can't help it. You're beautiful, Kara." I pulled her to my chest and kissed her.

"I have lipgloss on."

"Does it look like I give a fuck." I went in for another kiss and she pushed me away, giggling.

I loved making her laugh so much. Especially after everything that happened to her because of me.

She took my hand in hers and I walked around to the passenger side door, opening it for her. Jogging around to the other side, I climbed into the driver's seat.

"Are you going to tell me where we're going now?"

"Not yet."

"The mystery is killing me." She pouted, folding her arms in her seat.

I just chuckled and tried to keep my focus on the road.

The sun was setting and I could already see the moon coming out. It was a full moon tonight.

When we arrived in front of the garden, Kara looked at me in surprise. I smiled at her and quickly got out of the car to get her, but she was already outside and walking towards me.

"Wow this place is amazing. Like something out of a fairly tale." Her eyes sparkled as I placed her soft hand in mine and guiding her into the garden maze.

The hedges were tall, at least 8 ft, creating a sort of path to the set up I had prepared for tonight. There were various different flowers everywhere. Just like I had remembered it to be when I came here as a kid.

Together we walked through the maze as I made my way to the surprise dinner.

Stopping in front of a dinning set, I looked towards Kara to get her reaction. The square table was set exactly how I told them to set it. It was white everywhere and there were bright lights dancing around the plants. A full meal sitting on the top.

John and Kyan, two of my men, were standing off to the side watching us enter. I tipped my head in the direction of doorway and they both immediately exited.

"Oh my god. Levi.." She met my gaze. "How did you even do all this so fast?"

"You don't need to worry about that. Do you like it?"

"Like it? I love it. This place is so magical." She spoke softly, her wandering eyes still taking in the bright scenery.

My hand went to her back. "Sit." I pulled her chair back and pushed in it when she sat down.

I felt my heart accelerating as I took my seat across from her. "Believe it or not, I've actually never been on a date before."

"Are you serious?" Her eyebrows raised.

I nodded. "I never really found someone I wanted to spend that much time with. Put in this much effort into,.. until I met you." I rubbed the back of my neck. "So forgive me if I make a fool of myself."

"I wouldn't have guessed if you hadn't told me. No ones ever even did anything like this for me."

"I'd do a hell of a lot more for you. This isn't even the half of it."

She blushes, glancing up at my hair. "You're hair got longer. I didn't notice before." She changes the subject; I figure it's cause I've made her a bit uncomfortable.

"You want me to cut it?"

"No, no." She answered. "I like it. It makes you look sexier."

I laughed. "Sexy huh?" I lift my chin and puffing my chest out, flexing my arms. "How sexy am I now?"

Kara's head gala falls back as she cracks up in laughter. "Very sexy." She covers her mouth with her hand.

"You're pretty fucking hot yourself. Damn, woman."

Her face turns bright red and she picks up a small crumb of food from her plate and throws it at me. I pretend to catch it in my mouth and she just smiles at my goofiness.

I never thought one girl could make me feel this in love. Before I met Kara, I couldn't give a fuck about finding 'the one' or being in a relationship at all. Love wasn't even a thought on my mind. The only thing that mattered was my gang. Nothing else.

Now, I find myself ready and willing to leave that life behind for a new one with her. I want to start over with Kara. Eventually get a job—a real one— and buy her big house.

"Hey" She waves her hand. "Where'd you just go?"

Taking a deep breath, I reach into my pocket and pull out a small black box. I stand up from my chair and move closer to her. She follows me, getting up from her seat and adjusting her dress. "I was going to wait to give you this later tonight, but I don't want to."

I pull open the top to reveal a silver ring with a large white diamond flanked by two silver rings with smaller diamonds encrusted all around.

Kara's breath is caught as I watch her stare down the piece of jewelry in my hands. "I- Levi." Her mouth parted as she meets my eyes. Surprise, uncertainty and happiness filling her eyes.

"Don't worry this isn't an engagement ring, Kara. I'm not proposing yet. I know we still have a lot of things endure together." She releases a breath of relief. I take the ring out of the box. "I love you, Kara Anderson."

Her eyes glass up and she bits her lip.

"So, this ring is a promise. Of faith, of love, of trust. I don't want anyone else. You're it for me." I hold my hand out for her to take, looking at her hopefully. She places her delicate fingers in my palm and I slide the ring on her finger. "I promise to always do whatever it takes to keep you safe. Nobody else matters more than you do. I have loved you, I do love you and I will always fucking love you, Kara."

"I love you, Levi." She wraps her arms around my neck and crushes her lips to mine.

***

I wasn't sure how I wanted this chapter to go and how to progress Kara and Levi's relationship, but I can say I'm satisfied with what I've written. These next few chapters are going to be some of the hardest I've had to write but I will post nothing but my best for you guys :)