Part 42

"What did Heath tell you?" my mom asks as she settles into one of the seats. My dad hovers beside her, not moving, as do I. I stay standing and look down at my mom skeptically.

"Enough. I assume it to be the thing you wanted him to tell me." I decide against telling them just yet. "How'd you know?"

"We don't know we're talking about the same thing, yet."

I laugh. "Looks like we're in a standoff, then."

"Trixie," my dad warns, hoping that by pulling the "I am your father" voice that I'll comply and tell them.

"I don't have any obligation to tell you."

"No, you don't, but unless you want us to tell..."

"This is not getting us anywhere. All I'm going to say is that Heath and I have met before, and if you can't go off that, and tell me whatever secret you're keeping from me, I'm going to walk out of here."

"You're welcome to, we have no obligation to tell you anything Trixie, as your parents, so you, being the one to ask to know, can leave anytime you want. It'll save us."

I sigh, annoyed, and it's obvious my dad feels the same way. I don't want to fight with my parents.

"Mary, she deserves an explanation and to know what she's getting herself into."

"Yes, Jim, she does, but this isn't the place to have it," my mom snaps back. I look between my fighting parents, wondering who's side I should be on, and whether I should intervene. I ultimately decide that i should. It shouldn't be pulled out for any longer than needed.

"I am not waiting again. Tell me now," I demand, and surprisingly the look that comes over their faces. It's one of shock and submission.

My dad leans against the chair my mom is in, and crosses his arms. "How much did he tell you?" I roll my eyes, and step toward the door, hoping for them to understand that I'm not waiting around any longer.

"Did he tell you about a flower?"

My back stiffens. The orange flower?

"I don't know," I reply, trying to be vague. Did they cause my accident? Did they destroy the entrance? Looking at my parents now, they don't seem like they have it in them to do that, but do they work with them?

"Trixie, don't bullshit us, if you know, you'll know what the flower represents."

"Go on," I instruct, feeling dread rising from my stomach. Are they the people who want to see me dead?

"We didn't know," my mom starts hesitantly.

"Didn't know what?" I seethe, anger taking over my body from somewhere deep inside me.

"We didn't know it would be you, and when we saw the book, we thought it was all a trick..."

"The book?"

"Yes we believe that it holds past memories, and when it was sent to you, they were trying to force you to remember."

"Remember? Who was trying to get me to remember?"

"The organization that is behind the orange flower."

"And you fit in how?" I ask, the anger and dread culminating in bile.

"Our ancestors all were a part of it..."

I back away, my hackles instantly raising. They killed me in previous lives. Did my own ancestors have a hand in my death? The thought messes with my mind, because technically at the time they weren't blood relations, but it still hurts. I stumble over a table that hits me in the knees, and my dad stands to come after me. I turn and right the table, before placing my hand out in front of me, attempting to let them know that I don't want them to 

come anywhere near me.

"Trix..."

"No," I object, before spinning and fleeing. I wanted to know, but knowing makes it all the worse! I don't know where I'm going, and what my parents will do to me, but I need to get away. I don't know what to do, and if anyone could help, but then I remember the only person who could even begin to understand. Heath.

Hi Guys! 

I hope you enjoyed it! The next part will be up on the 23rd, and should hopefully be longer! Sorry for the delay this time, I, unfortunately, had an anxiety/panic attack a couple of nights ago, and the day after I was a literal zombie so couldn't get any writing done. I'm ok now, though! If you want to keep up to date with possible delays, then follow me here, and you'll get a notification whenever I post an announcement.

What did you think?

Are Trixie's parents against her?

What do you think will/want to happen next?

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting, sharing, and following!

CC ;)