Chapter 43

Edit: pls im crying may is in a towel during this chapter, she's not stark naked i promise but y'all did make me laugh with all the comments that thought otherwise

Chapter 43

"Don't open the door!" I hissed, rushing past my three friends into the hallway. I had barely stepped foot out of the washroom when I heard the banging... and the yelling.

"May!" Harry called through the door. "For Christ's sake. Open the fucking door."

Isaac was on my heels in a second.

"What is going on? Seriously?" he reached out to grab my shoulder, but I ducked out of the way, clutching the towel tighter around me.

Oh God. Why did I think it would be a good idea to lie?

The banging on the door continued as I came to brief halt, spinning backward on my heels. Three sets of eyes stared at me expectantly.

"I was... er, almost robbed. Earlier today. That's why I was a little banged up." I mumbled. Isaac opened his mouth, presumably to scream or break something or grab me by the shoulders and shake some sense into me. I held up a hand before he could do either. "It isn't a big deal. I didn't tell you because I'm fine and wanted to avoid this exact reaction."

Harry commenced his yelling again and I cast a glance behind me, just as Heather threw her hands up with a huff and started toward the door.

"Wait!" I cried out, "Don't!"

But it was too late. She arrived at the front door in a matter of steps, throwing it open and placing her hands firmly on her hips.

"Are you out of your goddamn mind, you curly headed freak?" She pointed a finger as she spoke. "Are you trying to wake the entire building? Have them call the cops on us?"

Harry, who seemed to have lost every single thought that was in his head, stared down at the girl in the doorway reprimanding him. He opened his mouth for a split second and then closed it, adjusting his jacket around him.

He looked disheveled, leading me to believe that he had probably just run out the door as soon as he heard the news and hadn't really bothered to do much else to make himself presentable. Running a hand through his hair, he finally rasped, "I just... where is May?"

"She's fine." Heather snapped, crossing her arms over her chest.

Neither Amelia nor Isaac had bothered to say anything since the door had opened. I stood frozen on the spot myself, not bothering to move either as the scene before me unfolded. It wasn't until Harry pulled his eyes away from Heather and into the apartment that I realized I was in his clear line of sight.

"Fuck," he breathed and stepped right past my roommate through the doorway.

"Um! Hello?! I didn't say you could come in!" she seethed, but Harry simply ignored her.

He was immediately walking in my direction, his demeanor crumpling slightly as he looked me once over. "May – " he paused only for a moment and blinked, "You're naked."

"I'm naked." I deadpanned, rolling my eyes. "And fine. Nothing is wrong. You shouldn't have come."

"Fine is a bit of a stretch," Isaac muttered, his voice hoarse. He finally found his footing and moved to step in front of me, creating a barrier between Harry and I. Harry cleared his throat and straightened, narrowing his eyes as Isaac. My friend only stood taller himself as he continued, "You should have seen how she looked when she showed up."

"Stop." I cut in and grabbed Isaac's arm. The two men in front of me didn't break eye contact with each other. It was only when I squeezed harder that Isaac finally let out a sharp breath and glanced down at me. "Don't do that," I continued. "Don't scare him just to be a dick. I was fine then and I'm fine now."