Chapter 10

Demi’s POV

It’s my the last live recording of the X Factor and I finally get to go home for the holidays and enjoy a long break before heading off on the Neon Lights Tour. I’m literally so excited, but I’m most excited to finally be back home for more than a few days. Considering how crazy this year has been I really am looking forward to spending quality time with everyone especially Izzy. I definitely feel and see the distance between her and I and it really is driving me insane. Before Thanksgiving when Izzy left abruptly for L.A. I was in her room, I hadn't taken the time to take notice all of the small touches she had put into it. Like the way she contrasted her room with her all white bed against a black wall where she placed hundred of pictures, many were of her and her friends back in L.A. or her mom and grandma when she was younger but I definitely took notice to the dozens of pictures she had with Maddie and Dallas and to be honest I was completely jealous the only picture she had of us with months ago when I had helped her move her. I had already missed fifteen years of my little sisters life and now she was growing up even quicker. Before leaving her room that night I took out her guitar which she kept in her closet and the best got of me when I found her journal which she had been so protective over the first time I saw it and it wasn't until i opened it and read a page did I understand why. It was just a journal where she wrote random lyrics but she wrote about everything in her life including to when she first found out I was her sister and how also about the very first time she had sex and tried alcohol and drugs. It wouldn't have bothered me so much except for the fact that some of her most recent entries she admitted to how she lived for the weekends here because at parties she didn't have to worry about hiding cocaine or drugs and she could finally let lose. 

Izzy, my little sister was more alike than me that I could have imagined. I tried calling her after that but they all went to voicemail.

“Hey Demi 5 minutes till show” I heard one of my assistants knock at the door bringing me out of my thoughts on how in a matter of hours I was going to have to confront Izzy about everything.

“Coming” I spoke fixing my lipstick before heading out.

Izzy’s POV

“Hey Maddie want to come with me to go pick up Demi from the airport?” I asked standing by the door. Demi was coming home today for a couple of months and had asked me specifically to pick her up from the airport but considering the note she left me before Thanksgiving I wasn't about to sit in an hour long drive with Demi, no way.

“Yeah let me just put on some shoes” Maddie ran from downstairs happily.

“Hurry up, I was supposed to leave 20 minutes ago” I shouted back as I exited the house to warm up my car.

~~~

We pulled up to the airport and texted Demi we were here. As soon as Maddie saw Demi she hoped out of the car embracing her in a giant hug catching Demi by surprise.

“Madison! omg my baby i’ve missed you” she squealed hugging her tightly. I got out of my car to open the trunk so Demi’s bodyguard Max could put her luggage in.

“Missed you too” I overheard Maddie as she continued to hug her sister who was simply eyeing me, and mentally telling me off probably because I knew she wanted to talk to me alone.

“Izzy omg come here! I’ve missed both of my little sister” she said opening her arms for me which I accepted awkwardly simply to not make a seen in public.

“You’re all set Demi. Call if you need anything and happy holidays” Max spoke up before leaving for his car.

“Come on we better get going” I said squirming out of Demi’s arms and taking seat behind the wheel.

The entire drive back home was Demi and Maddie giggling and singing at the top of their lungs and for a minute i applauded myself in bringing Maddie along that was intill Demi finally acknowledged me again.

“So Izzy I saw some of your post online, I’m guessing you had fun when you went back to visit your friends”

“Yeah well I hadn't seen them in months so naturally we went a little wild” I spoke nonchalantly keeping my eyes on the road.

“Because you so don’t go wild her” Maddie spoke up and all too soon realizing she shouldn't say anymore.

“Well you’re a teenager I guess it’s what you do, just be responsible” Demi said but I could tell she had more to say and it had to do with the note she left me. Thankfully  I wouldn't have to hear it from her, I didn't need anyone telling me what I can and can't do I mean hello the people that were supposed to are dead now so whats it matter now if I go a little crazy. I just had to live through the next few days and I would be in New York for Christmas break with one of my old friends who I had always gone with for the past few years.

~~~

Avoiding talking with Demi had been fairly easy considering I was still in school and didn't see her until Dinner and I knew she wouldn't dare bring anything up around the whole family and at since most nights I was with either Jackie or Michael I was in the clear. I dont know why I’ve been so admit about avoiding Demi I just have been. I’m currently packing for my flight to New York tomorrow after school.

“Hey Izzy dinner is ready” I hear Demi say before opening my bedroom door. “Uhh going somewhere?” she asks clearly confused by the sight of my suitcase and mess of clothes since I had mentioned it to her.

“Every Christmas one of my friends, Dani, and I spend Christmas in New York with her mom. Didn't Dianna mention it to you?” I said zipping up my suitcase and walking to door.

“No and why didn't you tell me” she said not moving.

“Must have slipped my mind. Now if you dont mind I think Dianna would be upset if we let dinner ge cold” I said slightly nudging Demi to move.

“Isabella we need to talk”

“It can wait till later, I smell pasta. My favorite” I said squeezing past Demi and downstairs. Dinner was nothing special except for Demi’s intense staring at me. Thankfully I knew Michael would be coming over as soon as his work shift was over tonight so I made sure to eat as slow as possible until he texted me he was outside allowing me to dismiss myself from the table.

~~~

“Hey there stranger” I said seeing Michael leaning on the hood of his car as I exited the house.

“I could say the same” he said embracing me in warm hug.

“Umm you’ve been busy, not me” I said hoping up take a seat on the hood of his car.

“Thankfully its winter break tomorrow and I can finally relax”

“I know I am soooo ready to get out of here”

“Thats right you’re ditching me for New York” Michael acted as if he were offended.

“I’m not ditching you okay, it’s only for 2 weeks”

“Still I’m going to miss you” he said smiling at me with his perfect smile which made my knees go weak every time.

“Its just 2 weeks” I said again keeping my eyes locked with his.

“Two weeks that if I dont do this now will kill me”

“Michael what are you…” I was cut off by his lips crashing against mine. In an instant our lips moved perfectly in sink as I brought him closer to me in between my legs by tugging on his jacket and wrapping my legs around his waist.

“Wow” I said as soon as our lips parted ways all to soon.

“I’ve been wanting to do that since I first saw you” Michael smiled with his hands still cupping my face.