Chapter 30

The rest of my stay at the Burrow went quick. Arthur and Percy were busy with work because of the World Cup incident, and most of everyone's time was spent trying to make sure Molly didn't combust from worry. That meant helping with cooking or cleaning when she got too busy starting at the special Weasley clock to remember. Ginny and I didn't mind, and from time to time, we could get Bill and Charlie to join us.

The last few weeks of summer seemed to fly by, and soon we were all on our way to King's Cross. Bill and Charlie decided to ride with us in Muggle taxi's, making our group even bigger.

Everyone got in their respective cars: the three younger Gryffindors. Then, Molly, Bill, and Charlie. Leaving me stuck with the twins. I'm the last enter the taxi, and get stuck next to George and the extra luggage that couldn't fit in the back.

"Where to?" asks the older taxi driver.

"Kings Cross," I tell him while the twins whisper to each other.

"What are you two talking about?" I whisper so the driver can't overhear us.

"Remember that bet we told you about, at the World Cup. Bagman won't give us the money-"

"-even though we won fairly. So, we're trying to come up-"

"-with a way to convince him to give it up." I laugh at the twins ability to finish each other's sentences, and turn back to the window. They paid me no mind as they went back to whispering their ideas.

I had forgotten how much longer Muggle transportation took, and it felt like ages before we finally reached the train station. It was obvious neither Fred nor George was used to cars, and they became extremely bored within the first ten minutes. When we finally made our way out of the car and onto the platform, we didn't have much time to say our goodbyes.

Molly takes turns hugging each of us and kissing our cheeks. "G'bye dear. Oh, I'm assuming you all will spend Christmas at Hogwarts because of what's going on this year. So, I'll see you next summer!"

"Have fun this year. All of you are in for a surprise," Bill smirks much like his brothers.

"Yeah, I almost wish I was still at Hogwarts for this," Charlie grins as well, both Weasley's looking pleased they know something we don't.

"What are you two talking about-" Fred starts angrily.

"Now now onto the train before it leaves," shoos Molly as we start to move away.

"Eva!" Charlie calls as Harry and Ron start to climb on the train, "Owl me about how Care of Magical Creatures goes! I'm sure it'll be much easier than handling dragons though, eh?" He winks at me, and I'm too busy to notice Fred scowling from besides me: but Charlie doesn't.

"Oh don't make that face Freddie. I'm just talking to your girlfriend!" I blush and throw Charlie the finger. While George starts to laugh, but stops when Fred hits him upside the head.

"I'm going to find Kala and Luna," I say, focusing on trying not to meet Fred's eyes, "See you guys later!"

I slip past the twins, and start to make my way to the Ravenclaw section of the train. I spot Kala and Luna almost immediately through the compartment glass, sitting closer than normal. I don't think anything of it, until I throw the door open, and the two jump apart like they've been electrocuted.

"Hello you two," I grin at my two best friends.

"Hello Eva," Luna smiles at me like always, "how has your summer been?"

"Good, good. But you two have heard all about my summer from my letters. I haven't heard much about yours." I settle into my seat across from them, and watch them closely. Both of them looked different -and not just older- almost happier.

"Not much, Angelina made me practice Quidditch almost everyday. She wants to be a great Captain this year," Kala shrugs, doing her best to not meet my eyes for too long.

"Really nothing else? Luna?"

"Well me and Dad went to the World Cup," Luna says, and for the first time she starts fidgeting with her hands. Luna almost never did that when I was around. She only fidgeted with her hands when she felt uncomfortable.

"What about you Kala? Did you go too?"

"Hmh? Oh, yes I did go."

"What is going on with you two?" I eye them both, and something clicks in my mind. It had become obvious to me last year that Kala fancied Luna. Either Kala had confessed and it went horribly, or it went extremely well. It was hard to tell which at the moment.

"So, are you two dating then?" I ask, biting my lip. Hopefully, I was asking the right question, I didn't want to make it worse.

"What?"

"Are you two dating?" I repeat.

"What! We're not-" Kala starts, but Luna interrupts.

"How did you know, Eva?"

"Well it was bloody obvious that Kala liked you last year-"

"Hey!" she scoffs.

"-and I had a feeling that you liked her back but I couldn't be sure..."

The two look at me confused and wary, as if I was going to start yelling. But I startle them by jumping from my seat and onto them.

"Oof-Eva!" Kala pushes me off while Luna laughs and pulls me into the hug.

"You guys are going to be the cutest couple," Luna laughs in my ear while Kala just scowls.

"It was not that obvious that I fancy Luna."

"Oh shut it," I say while moving myself back to my seat. "but I have one request. No snogging or shagging while I'm in the dorm with you guys-"

"Eva!" Luna laughs while me and even Kala's scowl melts into a laugh.

I know things with Fred and Eva have been slow, but I promise this year there will be some more major things that happen.