Ep 37. City of Angels.

🎶. Makhna

| A U T H O R |

| A U T H O R |

They arrived in Los Angeles, California at 12 in the midnight after the long 14hrs of flight. By the time they were out of the airport, a black SUV was already waiting for them. Reyansh carried sleeping Siya in his arms and slid inside the car after Jahanvi while Gehna settled herself on the passenger seat.

"Good evening, Sean." Gehna smiled at the driver who glanced at her with a polite smile on his face in response.

"Good evening, Ma'am. Good evening, sir." He said focusing his eyes on Reyansh through the rearview mirror.

"Yeah." Reyansh nodded awkwardly, "take us to the penthouse."

"Not to the mansion?" Sean frowned.

"You've a mansion here!?" Jahanvi, who was until now dozing in and out of sleep, sat straight in surprise.

"Do what you're told, Sean. No questions asked." He said sternly, ignoring Jahanvi's curious gaze.

"My apologies, sir." Sean then quickly shifted the gear and pressed on the accelerator, pulling the car out of its pause state and driving down on the half-empty streets of Los Angeles.

"Where are we going?"

"Beverly Hills," Reyansh answered shortly.

"How much time will it take for us to reach?" Jahanvi fired another question.

"Twenty minutes and now shut up!" he said, throwing his head back and closing his eyes, schooling his tired face with a blank one.

"Rude," Jahanvi whispered under her breath before turning her head and gazing at the beautiful city outside.

It was her first time here, just like it was during Venice. She didn't really get to explore the City of Love. Most of the time was spent watching local TV channels and gazing at the city from her room's balcony. And whatever she saw during their one day trip, were common tourist attractions. If you check the bucket list that she had made during her school life and now is lost in some corner of the house, visiting Venice was one of them. Venice had excited her, but after staying indoors most of the time killed her curiosity and she was more than eager to get out of that city. Maybe one day she'll get to experience the city again, maybe one day she'll explore the city of Love with someone she loves.

She then glanced at Reyansh, shaking her head and directing her eyes back outside the window.

Or maybe not.

Los Angeles looked expensive. Just looking at the city made her feel self-conscious. It was all about beaches, Mediterranean climate, ethnic diversity, and sprawling metropolis. It was definitely crowded, considering it is the second-most populous city in USA after New York. But the major difference between New York and Los Angeles was how exotic it seems and how nature had settled itself in the metro city.