Chapter 24

Okay, I'm seriously beginning to hate my organs rn. Especially my brain. I wonder if I can put it for an exchange offer. That retarded idiotic organ of mine suddenly decided to act like the dumb hobo it is and refused to think of a single word for the story. Anyways, I gave it a little electric shock and it finally started working! Yeah, so here it is. The next chapter.

Oh, before I begin, I want to give a HUGE shoutout to lizzyJ_. I can't thank you enough for this beautiful cover! Love you!❣❣

I turned my gaze to Adrian and found him already looking at me with an unreadable expression. He was searching my eyes again for something, like he'd done many times before in our interactions.

"What do you think?" He asked, raising an eyebrow. That action alone me want to cut off a point he'd gained by bringing me here. "I didn't know you were a kid by heart, Stone. I can't say I'm surprised, though." I said instead and turned back to the beautiful view in front of us. The sky had turned the beautiful shade of orange with a twinge of purple in it, the sun seemed to be slowly going down with a golden halo around it.

"'If anyone here's a kid, it's you, White. You even look like a kid in front of a candy store looking at the park right now." He pointed out but I ignored him and kept my gaze at the sun. They say surrounding yourself with beautiful things will help you get rid of idiocy in the world. Idiocy like Adrian Stone. Besides, I could look at this view forever.

"It's lovely." I said absently.

"Yes, it is... Very lovely." Came a husky reply from him.

I narrowed my eyes at his tone and swiftly turned my head his way, only to find him looking at... the scenery. Not to me. I can't believe why I even thought that he was talking about m-... never mind.

I didn't realise I was still staring at him when one side of his lips quirked up into a smirk. He didn't take his eyes off the park when he spoke, smugness dripping from his tone heavily like thick maple syrup from Allie's pancakes. That woman lived on maple syrups.

"You thought I was talking about you, didn't you?"

I started to flush from embarrassment and turned my head the other way as I scoffed at him. "What else can I expect from you? You're a walking, talking bag of all cliches of the world wrapped in a human body."

It was now his turn to scoff. "Oh, please! I'm nothing like those sickly annoying cliches the teenagers fawn about. Tell me one thing that's cliche about me, I dare you."

I smirked at him. "Hmm... let's see." I thought for a while and made a show of counting my fingers as I started listing out. "For one, you're that cliched youngest billionaire, the most eligible bachelor." I made finger quotation gesture at that. "And oh, how can I forget the arrogant, rude, ruthless, cold, stone-hearted, cru-"

"Alright, you can stop now. I got the idea." Adrian interrupted me grumpily, making me smirk wider. But before I could further aggravate him, he held up his hand and continued. "But that's what the rest of the people think, and that's how I behave with the rest of the people. I behave differently with you, though. I don't think I've made those impressions to you. "