62°

Hey, guys. To start with, it's a miracle that this update is coming today.

I had to force myself to write this update, just so I get distracted from reality for a while. It's extremely disheartening what it going on in our country and I've cried more than I should and I have a headache.

I wanted to update two chapters but the ending of the other chapter started looking too crappy and I just couldn't deal, so I stopped writing. Expect an update tommorow. The next chapter after this is actually almost complete..it just gets cringy at the end because no matter how much I try, I can't fully focus so I'll fix it tommorow and update it tommorow. I'm tired and I'm off to bed❤️❤️

~GIWA~

"I guess this is my stop." Chika said to me, halting on her tracks as soon as I, she, and her friends got to the broad, somewhat secluded path that led to the schools main building.

I smiled weakly at the light skinned beauty who saved my life back there. You know? Where Kaniru, JJ, and the rest of those guys wanted me dead.

"Thankyou." I said to Chika, wincing slightly at the pain in my neck as I spoke, caused by Kaniru's tight grip on it earlier.

"Oh, no issues, love. Those boys disgust the shit out of me. It was remaining small for me to give somebody's son smack down in that place!" Chika ranted, clearly pissed.

She looked very serious, but for some reason, I laughed. All her friends did too.

"Yeah no shit. Those boys are major losers!" Soma commented, waving the tail of the bell she was holding in her hands in the air to gesture vigorously.

"Don't even let those low-lives bother you, Giwa." Ebere or Ebube, one of the twins amongst them snorted in disgust.

"Seconded!" The other twin came in shocking me with such sass in her tone. "Those boys are the biggest cowards ever!"

I snorted too, forcing myself not to recall what I had just gone through earlier.

"Especially that JJ fool!" Soma came in again.

I saw Chika roll her eyes and gag at the mention of his name. It made me wonder how much history they'd had with JJ.

"Oya oya oya!" Soma said, grabbing my arm quickly with her bell-free hand and pulling me away from her friends.

"Giwa and I have a Prefects'meeting to attend!" She announced proudly as she pulled me to herself like a child claiming a toy.

I actually laughed a bit. I knew Soma was always so hyper in nature, having noticed how she always clanged that damn bell in the ears of juniors when we usually chase them out for assembly or sports or something. I had termed the excessively tall Utility Prefect as the most hyper active prefect in general.

"Biko, Biko, be behaving yourself, na!" Chika laughed at Soma.

Biko.. I instantly recalled that these girls were all Igbo girls. Chika and her clique..The Igbo sisters, the set had termed them.

"Biko, shift! Mrs. Godson!" Soma playfully pushed Chika, who started blushing senseless.

"Chineke. Is it because of Aaron Godson you're turning red like this!?" One of the twins teased Chika.

"You guys should stop please!" Chika was laughing.

"Biko oo, none of us is Aaron oo. Turn back to your normal yellow colour!" Soma teased the light-skinned Chika who was trying in vain to hide in the reddening of her cheeks.