Chapter 28

My hand flew across his face.

I realised what I had done only when he slowly moved his head to face me. His eyes were dangerous. But I didn't give a damn, I wanted to hurt him so bad.

"Don't talk to me ever again."

"Shy-"

"Shut up-just shut up!"

"Listen to me!!" He took my face in his hands and made me look at him. The longer he looked into my eyes, the more they softened. "I'm sorry." He let out a sigh, before leaning his forehead against mine. "I'm sorry."

Aghast, I slowly caught my breath. The urge to lean into his hands was an stronger than any anger, any irritation I'd felt and I hated it, hated everything he made me feel.

The warmth from his breath. The roughness of his fingers on the sides of my face. How soft his hold was, like I was worth something, and not dirt.

"Shy you're needed at the WOAH" Jade entered, but froze seeing us. I instantly pushed him away from me. "Oh, I hope I didn't interrupt-"

"You didn't." I reassured. There was a tense silence, before Enzo walked out of the cabin. She turned around to look at him and then back at me.

"What's going on with you two?"

"Nothing." I breathed.

She raised an eyebrow, unconvinced before shrugging. "Okay, well let's go to Roman's cabin."

———

"Should I wear the purple one, or the yellow one?" Jade asked at she held her swimsuits up.

I took a look at them in thought. "Yellow. It brings out your skin tone."

"I'm wearing my red shorts." Roman said as he lay on his bed and scrolled on his phone.

They both turned to look at me. "What're you wearing?" Jade asked.

"White." I said, knowing damn well I didn't bring a swimsuit. We got dressed, and when I emerged from the bathroom wearing a white t-shirt and black leggings, laughter roared around the room.

Jade fell against the kitchen counter, her face red while Roman had his head thrown back.

I placed my hands on my hips.

"You are not going like that." Jade choked out, holding a hand to her mouth to stop laughing. I walked past her while grabbing a chip from her hand.

When we reached the hot tub, my heart dropped to my feet. There were more people here than I thought - more specifically, Enzo and his friends. What possessed him to be here, especially now?

Thankfully, nobody seemed to notice my little outfit so it was peaceful as we all slipped into the hot tub, as did I. The warm water relaxed me a little, but then my eyes accidentally met with Enzo's.

We stared at each other from a distance before I looked away. To stop my hair from getting wet I threw it into a messy bun and didn't realise until I was finished, that Enzo was watching my every move.

Something thrilling churned in my stomach. I tried to remind myself that I was only here for relaxation, but in his presence I found it hard to focus on the calm.

Sitting relaxed and leaned back, Enzo swiped a thumb over his lower lip, lost in deep thought. But he never let his eyes leave mine. I didn't even realised everyone was looking at us back and forth until Kyle cleared his throat.

"So, I was thinking we could do something." Kyle said as he leaned forward. "Suck and blow."

"I'm innnn." Jade cheered, sipping her cocktail.

He put the card on his mouth and we all passed it around. We played for a while before it become boring.

"We need to spice things up. Truth or dare." Jade said and Kyle instantly agreed.

"Woah, you know what happened the last time we played truth or dare." Kai reminded Jade.

"That was just us two." Jade shrugged and with her eyes begged Kai to agree. It wasn't long before he mouthed a 'fine'.

Me and everyone else agreed to play, until it was Enzo left.

"Enzo...." Kyle asked, and he finally gave in.

Jade raised her hand enthusiastically. "I want to ask the question!" She insisted like a child. "Shy, truth or dare."

"Dare."

"Hmm. I know...." a smirk formed on her face as she looked at me with cheeky eyes.

I'm going to kill you Jade. "I dare you to swap places with me."

Oh? That was it? Kind of relieved, I let out a silent breath before realising exactly who sat next to Jade - Enzo. A little nervous now, I started to swap with Jade and sat right next to Enzo. My heart picked up. My lips became dry, my tongue a barren desert.

"Woohoooooo!" Jade yelled over nothing.

I sat back into my place as Roman gave me a wink that made me want to sink into the water.

"Kyle, truth or dare." Jade asked.

"Hmm. Dare."

Jade thought for a while, before she started giggling to herself as we all waited for her dare. She leaned towards his ear and whispered something that made Kyle frown.

"Do I have to?" He asked.

"Part of the game Kyle." Enzo said.

"Fine." He scoffed, and stepped out of the hot tub as everyone watched with anticipation.

We waited for a while as he disappeared, before our attention was drawn to the roof of the giant cabin next to us in which was the cafe and spa etc.

"Holy...shit." I muttered. The air fell silent as we saw Kyle standing on the roof....naked. He covered his crotch with his hands, and stood for a while before coming back down.

"That's commitment." Kai said with fascination as we all cheered.

Kyle came back to the hot tub as normal, and now it was Romans turn.

"Guys! There's a party at my cabin who wants to come?" Megan ran out towards us and squealed, and everyone jumped out of the tub with excitement.

The only ones who remained was me and Enzo. I had no intention to party tonight, all I wanted to do was relax. I took my glass of juice Jade had poured in for me earlier, and I opened my magazine I brought with me.

Enzo leaned back, his eyes still studying my body as I sipped my juice. My eyes never dared to stray from the magazine, no matter how badly I wanted to confront him about his staring.