Chapter 50

We had just been given our site number for the duration of our stay

We had just been given our site number for the duration of our stay. We were in the groups we made at school so I was with Charlie, Toby, Blake, Carter and obviously Aiden. I hadn't spoken to Aiden since the boat trip, for some reason I felt guilty about what I said.

Miss Wilson had given us 1 swag and 2 tents. One was tiny and the other was a little bigger. The boys carried the tents to our site number which ended up being number 1. Although we were closest to the water, the bathroom was a little further away but in my opinion, ocean trumps bathroom. D

The island was absolutely stunning, at least what I could see of it. The ferry had been docked on the other side of the campground because the side closest to us was the snorkeling side and I had to admit, I was super excited.

We had 2 hours to set up our site and explore the island then we were to meet in the cafeteria with all the other schools. We were all sharing the one camping ground but each school had its own area with the cafeteria in the dead middle.

"Fuck yes!!" Toby cheers excitedly when he sees the location of our site. I shared his excitement.

"So where is everyone sleeping?" Toby asks excitedly as we dump our stuff in the middle of the site and stand in a circle around it.

"I think I should share a tent with Em and Charlie," Blake grins charmingly. I laugh at his meaningless banter while Charlie shoves him, also laughing.

"We should let the girls share the bigger tent and we will make do with the smaller tent and swag," Carter suggests.

"No way!! We won't fit," Blake argues and as much as I hate to admit it, he was 100% right. Charlie and I would struggle to fit in the smaller tent together with our luggage.

"It's fine, Charlie and I will share the small tent and you morons can argue over the swag and bigger tent," I joke, Charlie agrees with me knowing that it was the fairest way and the boys instantly begin arguing over who gets where.

Rolling my eyes at them I grab the second smallest bag and Charlie and I make our way over to the far spot of the site which was closest to the water.

We start putting the tent up, Charlie and I had gone camping many times before with the family so we knew what we were doing. We put the tent up quickly and turn around to grab our luggage only to see the 4 boys staring at us.

"That was hot," Toby says, Blake nods in agreement.

"I was coming over to help but you guys seemed like you knew what you were doing," Carter explains, the same surprise in his tone.

I look at Aiden only to notice him smirking at us. The sexism behind their comments got to me but if I'm being honest, I was more proud of myself for being able to surprise the guys the way I had by doing something as simple as putting up a small tent.

"Where are you guys sleeping?" Charlie asks pointedly, looking at the discarded tents on the ground. The boys instantly go back to arguing. Charlie and I laugh at them before we begin setting up the inside of our small tent with our mattresses and clothes.