~5~

"Brighid are you ready?" Nathan called out from the front door, Peyton looking slight unamused stood next to him. She rushed down dressed for her midnight game.

"Coming" she called back.

"So if you're not doing it for your dad then who are you doing it for?" Peyton questioned. The three stepped outside to find Tim waiting by his car.

"You wouldn't get it" Nathan whispered.

"What is he getting out of it then?"

"If he wins, he gets you" Nathan said before heading to his car. Brighid stood still like Peyton taken back that Nathan had made such a deal. The two walked to the car silent.

Peyton and Brighid sat in the back with Tim in the front passenger seat.

"You nervous?" Tim asked Nathan.

"Nah" Nathan responded all cocky.

"I can't believe you Nathan" Peyton looking upset and angry muttered her breath.

"Let's go win this" Tim shouted as Nathan pulled away.

Nathan cockily pulled up to the edge of the basketball court. As Brighid got out everyone flooded towards them. The crowd was overwhelmingly supporting Nathan, which was expected. No one knew Lucas.

Brighid wrapped her varsity jacket around her body, the cool air sending a chill down her spine. She looked around hoping Jake was here. Then again, she knew he wouldn't.

She stood at the edge of the court with her hands in her pocket hoping to stay warm.

Nathan smiled at Brighid and Peyton before stealing the ball from Lucas. The game officially began.....
———
It was a nail- biting ending, one more shot and someone won. Brighid wrapped her arms tightly around her chest and tapped her foot anxiously against the grass.

Nathan tried to block Lucas as they sat under the basket. Nathan turned around expecting Lucas to move. Lucas, however, tricked him and stood in his spot shooting the basketball into the air.

The crowd got quiet and Brighid watched as the ball landed directly in the basket. The crowd who was once on Nathan's side flopped, running onto the court to congratulate him.

Brighid once sure Nathan was going to win was a shocked to see her half-brother be the victorious one.

Nathan stood with the ball under his arm, confused as to how he lost.

"Come on" Brighid whispered grabbing Nathan's arm and ushering him to the car. She knew if he stood there any longer a fight would break out.

"I'm fine" Nathan snapped pulling his arm from her grip.

"So you really bet Peyton?" Brighid asked.

"No, and I'm still on the team" Nathan muttered opening his driver door. Brighid slid into the passenger seat forcing Tim to sit in the back.

"Peyton come on" Nathan yelled. Peyton was talking to Lucas when she walked to the car sitting behind Brighid on the back.

"Can you drop me off somewhere?" Brighid asked Nathan looking at him with pleading eyes.

"Brighid, no" Nathan said already mad.

"You don't need to tell Dad. Just lie and say I'm with Brooke" Brighid pleaded once more.

"No's a no. Walk there then. I won't drop you off and go against Dad's wishes" Nathan said sternly.

"I can drive you somewhere if you need" Peyton chimed in.

"Peyton-" Nate snapped. Peyton who had leaned forward to talk to Brighid sat back, remaining quiet.

"It's okay, I don't want anyone getting in trouble" Brighid said defeated. She knew not to mess with Nathan when he was mad.