ꜱɪx | ʙᴜᴛ ɪ'ᴍ ᴀ ᴄʜᴇᴇʀʟᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ

‧̍̊˙· 𓆝.° 。˚𓆛˚。 °.𓆞 ·˙‧̍̊

𝐒𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.

One could do what Mena had done, and assume that it all came down to revenge. Which wouldn't be entirely wrong, but not exactly right, either.

Silena hadn't even remembered to be mad about Jonah trying to make her jealous, until Mena brought it up. Even then, the whole thing seemed too childish to get upset over. She was, however, furious at what he had planned to do to her roommate; even though that plan was similarly juvenile.

The reason for such disproportionate reactions remains pushed to the side.

There's also probably something to be said about girl power, and the importance of women sticking up for one another, which is all well and true. It can't be denied, though, that the fact that Mena was the girl in question made this ideology much more interesting to Silena than it would have been otherwise.

Or you could even argue that she was merely bored.

After all, spending time with Mena guarantees the possibility of nearly anything, with the sole exception of boredom. If hanging out with her more often is all it takes to chase away the monotony of an everyday routine, the concept isn't entirely unpleasant.

Never mind the fact that Silena has never particularly minded monotony in the first place.

In the end, no matter which thesis you choose to support, they all boil down to the same thing- and that also happens to be the one thing Silena is not yet ready to admit.

Her logic is that if she busies herself with other things, she'll hardly have the time to think about the weird swirling sensation in her chest. Thankfully, life around Mena makes not having the time to think very, very easy.

On Friday morning, three days after the arrangement, Silena closes the doors of her locker, only to come face to face with her grinning roommate.

"He asked me!"

This close up, Silena can tell that she's wearing a perfume that smells like vanilla, and has perfectly agreeable dark brown eyes. She files both of these facts into the fast-expanding "Unpack Later" section of her brain.

"Who asked you what?" She questions, buttoning up her coat.

"Jonah! The game!"

Ah, yes. Because that is still a thing that is happening, apparently. Silena had almost thought that Mena would forget about her plan altogether, and play it off as a joke. She was very wrong. As it turns out, Mena is more serious about scheming than all the ladies in Silena's dad's favorite soap operas combined.

Silena flips her hair over her shoulder, and motions towards the exit with an upwards tilt of her chin. A silent signal for Mena to follow her to the bus.

"Well, good," she says, notably less overjoyed than her partner in crime. "We knew that he would."

Mena nods.

"Yes, but it's still quite exciting."

"I imagine."

Silena hates taking the bus. She used to catch rides home with Jonah, but that is obviously not an option anymore. Emilia, too, sometimes gives her a lift. Still, she has recently been dropping off a guy who she has had a crush on since she was twelve, and Silena isn't going to ruin her best friends romantic prospects just because she is a, quote-unquote, hazard to the entire road system.