Aditya Raj Suryavanshi

Happy Dussehra Guys ♥️
I hope our evils too burn with the Ravan today.

The holy land of Awadh or as known earlier as Ayodhya had been a witness to the birth of great kings and rulers, the descendants of the Ikshvaku, the Suryavanshi's.

Ruling Awadh for hundreds of years, the land of the sons of Ragu had prospered with every passing leader.

The Ikshvaku dynasty truly was an utopian society, where nobody went to bed with an empty stomach, crimes did not exceed humanity, where love was abundant and every life mattered.

Spread across the vivid terrain of Hindustan was this beautiful land, ruled currently by the 36th King of Awadh, Maharaj Aditya Raj Suryavanshi.

What was so great about this king you may ask. He was the first to unite all the Suryavanshi Clan's to form an empire he today ruled. His rule extending from Karnali in the north (current day Nepal) to Raipur as his southern most province (current day Capital of Chhattisgarh), extending up to Dhaka in the east (current day capital of Bangladesh). He had 17 rulers ruling under him, following the laws laid down by him. Aditya Raj Suryavanshi wasn't a force to be trifled with and his contemporaries knew it.

"Aditya." The priest of the royal family and their Prime Minister, Balram Shastri said addressing the king in the court. "This morning we received a message from the Mughal King, Haider Ali Khan. He is passing on the crown to his son, Abeer Ali, they have invited you to be a part of it, he said some matters about the peace treaty need to be discussed again as well." He said looking up from the letter he was reading sent by the Mughals. "I suggest you should go."

"What if it's a trap ?" The health minister voiced his opinion.

"I believe it isn't, they would never want a war, and king Haider Ali Khan is known to be honourable king, he won't murder a guest at his table." Balram concluded. "But the decision is yours to make Aditya."

"If you think that I must go, I will Purohit Ji, I do not question your judgement and Haider Khan's honour." King of Awadh said in his baritone voice. "When do they expect us to be in their kingdom ?"

"Next week your grace."

"Then Purohit Ji, please make the arrangements, sent scouting parties ahead." Aditya said getting up from his throne and descended down the marble steps. "And find a gift suitable enough for the next king." He said before taking his exit from the courtroom.

The luxuries of Awadh would make the Mughal palace look like a poor man's hut. Sky high ceilings and pillars made of gold supported the palace. Walls carved and painted with natural dyes and studded with gemstones, the floors made of white marbles and mighty doors decorated with silver and gold, the capital palace was a work of art.

Aditya marched down the familiar corridors which lead him to the chamber of the Queen mother, Rajmata Mandira.

"Announce my presence." He said to the doorman standing outside her doors.

The guard bowed his head and walked inside to announce the arrival of the king.

"Attention everyone, the emperor of the Suryavanshi Clan, Maharaj Aditya Raj Suryavanshi is here." He said and walked out.

Aditya pushed the door open and entered his mother's chamber. The white marble walls were decorated with silken drapes to add colour, walking past the baithak (sitting room) he entered the bedroom where his mother sat with her ladies in waiting.

"Come. Come here." She said extending her arm towards her son.

"Maa. I'm sorry the court took longer than expected." He said sitting beside her on the swing.

"No problem." She said caressing his face. "Is there something you want to tell me ?" She asked looking at the wrinkled forehead lines on his face.

"I'm going to Agra, I'll be leaving in two days. The king has invited me for the coronation of his son." He informed his mother.

"Toh isme pareshani ki kya baat hai beta?" (I don't see a where the problem is)

"There is no problem Maa. I hope I just make the right choices." Aditya said pinching his eyes close.

"I believe in you."

"And so do I." The unexpected voice made the mother-son duo to snap their head in the direction.

"Why are you inside unannounced ?" Aditya said glaring at his younger brother.

"Because you are already inside, and these ladies here have nothing to be embarrassed about in front of me. Right ladies ?" He said winking at the young ladies who were busy gawking at the two brothers in awe.

"You all are dismissed, I'll see you all tomorrow." Rajmata Mandira said making the girls quickly dash out of the room.
"Dev. I've told you a million time now, your philandering should be outside the palace walls, I see you talking so freely with my subjects next time, you are going to have trouble." Rajmata said scolding her son.

"And you say you don't have a favourite, clearly, I'm the least." Dev said dramatically, he knew deep down that Mandira always favoured him out of the three siblings.
"Anyway, I'm coming too." He said sitting on the floor next to his mother feet.

"You aren't." Aditya said.

"I am, you can't lock me up here while you go check out Mughal beauties." He said earning a smack for his mother.

"I meant, the beauty of the Mughal empire maa." He said acting innocent.

"No."

"Maa please tell him to let me, I'm turning 26 tomorrow why can't he take me." Dev whined placing his head in his mother's lap.

"26 ? Someone there might mistake you for a 17 year old, watching your childish entices." Aditya said mockingly.

"And with that frown of yours you'll look 49 not 29."

"How dare you, you clown." Aditya roared mockingly.

"Sorry fine not 41, 42 maybe." Dev said adding fuel to fire.

"I'm going to smack you -."

"Okay down both of you." Mandira said stopping her boys from having one more unnecessary fight. "Take him along Adi, he'll chew my brains if you leave him behind."

"Not fair maa, you don't love me, you love bhai it's so-."

"Do you want to go or not ?" Mandira said in a warning tone.

"You are the best maa."Dev said clinging to his mother like a baby monkey.

•••

Two days after King Aditya Raj had accepted the invite, he was ready to commence the journey west, to Agra.

With a convoy of 30 highly trained combat soldiers, along with his younger brother Dev Raj Suryavanshi and prime minister and his guru (teacher) Balram Shastri, the journey to Agra begin.