Going home(ch.1)

Arriving at platform nine and three quarters was always a weird experience to you, you could never really understand how it made you feel. It was either a wave of excitement or a ball of dread and you didn't know which one. As you looked around at other people with their families waving them off, a knot of jealousy formed in your stomach.You quickly shoved the thoughts out of your head and made your way to the train putting your stuff away and began to look for a booth, when you felt someone tap your shoulder.

You turned around to be met with a girl with a pair of emerald eyes and a head full of fiery red hair.Lily
"Hey (y/n) , I uh have your book" She said nervously -book in hand.

"Oh, thanks. You really didn't have to ,you know. You can keep it if you like,I have lots of books ." You returned, passing the book back to her.

Her eyes lit up and a grin appeared on her face."Wait , really?!!" She exclaimed

"Of course,it's no problem ." You replied ,a smile playing at your lips.

"Thankyou so much ,you don't know how long I've wanted this book for!!!Do you maybe want to sit together ? All my friends have bogged off and left me and well I don't see you here with anyone ?i just thought it might be nice."she exclaimed joyfully . The grin had disappeared off her face and was replaced with a look of hopefulness.

As you looked behind Lily, you saw three Slytherin boys looking for someone as soon as their eyes landed on you they all waved for you to come over . Ugh why do they never leave me alone? You looked back at Lily.

"I'd love nothing more."

The two of you sat down in a compartment and just started talking about random things .Your home life, what you both like to do in your spare time, favourite foods , all those sorts of things. You learned that you both share a love  for reading, you both love rainy days and you both hate loud people.

"Can I ask you a question (y/n)?"She said pulling you out of your daydreaming .
"Sure ?what is it?" You asked playfully,hoping that it would be some sort of gossip.

"You don't happen to be friends with Severus do you? It's just I haven't spoken to him for a while and I was just wondering how he was doing "She asked sheepishly, whilst fidgeting with her hands, looking away from you.

"I can't say that I am I'm afraid , I've seen him around there and then but he usually just tends to keep to himself. He looks fine... I guess"You stuttered in confusion. "I'm sorry but why do you care ? I mean he called you horrible things didn't he?"

"Yes, yes he did. But I just wanted to know if he's okay,I mean I-  you'd probably think it's silly " She chuckled lightly ,still not looking at you. You could tell she still wanted to be friends with him, you just couldn't understand why.

"No please do go on , I'm listening " You said calmly, a small smile on your face.

"Well it's just , he was my first friend here you know ? And he used to be so sweet and understanding and then he started hanging out with the Slytherins and he just-changed.I think I'll always care about him even if I don't want to" She confessed- head resting on her hand, whilst looking out the window. After telling you how she felt she kind of perked up after that, like a weight had been lifted.

For the remainder of the journey to Hogwarts, you and Lily spent it chatting about her other friends.She stated she feels like she's outgrowing them, and she talked about her worries. It was nice to listen to someone, to actually have a conversation with a normal person .

"So, what's the deal with you and Potter ?" You asked, a smirk on your face. Her eyes widened, a wave of crimson red blush collected on her cheeks. She started fidgeting again, this time with her hair.

"Uh, I uh, don't know what your talking about."

"Really?" You said sarcastically, a smirk still glued to your face."because I think, now let me just go out on whim here and say that he likes you? And that maybe, just maybe, you like him back?"you looked at her dead in the eye as she gave a loud sigh.

"Fine, fine! Ikindoflikehimbackmaybejustalittlebit" She rapidly expressed.

"Sorry but you might have to repeat that for me"you scoffed, finding her outburst amusing.She put her head in her hands and let out a groan of embarrassment.

" I said, I kind of like him back, maybe just a little bit"she stated-her head still in her hands.

"My my I would've never thought that , not like he's been pining after you since 1st year or anything"You hinted sarcastically, chuckling to yourself at her little crush."If you like him and he likes you why don't you go out? Or am I missing something here?" You questioned , resting your head on your hands and narrowing your eyes at her. She raised her head to look at you .

"He's a bully (y/n), I could never be with a bully . Him and his stupid group are just a bunch of dimwits who pick on the weak. It's better if I just ignore my feelings and move on. I mean there's lots of other boys I could be with right? Hogwarts is huge so I can guarantee that there's people I don't even know exist yet."She huffed. "Yeah I'll do that, besides I have my studies to focus on. How about you? Got your eye on anyone? As far as I know, all the boys are after you."She said smugly, opening her chocolate frog.

"i love how you quickly changed the subject" You lightly laughed."And to answer your question, no i do not have my eye on anyone,"you said , mocking her words."But who knows, anything could happen. Right ?"

-------------------------------------------------------

(authors note) This is my second part guys i hope you enjoyed. This is my 1st story so if its completely terrible please do let me know preferably nicely tho. Ye comment your thoughts bye