3.

The golden, glistening crown was placed on Abeer Ali's head, the responsiblity of his family, his people, his kingdom had transferred from his fathers shoulders to his. The mere piece of metal weighed too much.

Cheers and chants echoed through the walls of the Mughal court, celebrations were in place to honour the new king.

Maheen squealed and hugged Mrunal as they stood on the side of the platform where their brother and best friends stood, now who was also  their king.

"I feel I'll faint." Mrunal said giddily. "Shortie has become a king." She let out a laugh.

"I can't believe it either." Maheen replied. "I'm so proud of him, he has earned his place." She wiped the lone tear which threatened to roll down her eyes.

"Now don't get so emotional and bloat his ego." Mrunal squeezed Maheen's shoulder.

The coronation ceremony had been the grandest event the Mughal's had organised in decades. The new king had ascended the throne and with the change in power the old alliances had to be renewed.

Kings ruling under the Mughal flag as well as the Emperor of the neighbouring Suryavanshi Dynasty and the kings ruling under them were invited.

Post the coronation, all the kings and members of the royal family were lead to the great dining hall, where they would break bread in peace and have meal with Abeer Ali as the new king.

"Why did Baba invite so many people." Maheen cribbed as she made her way with Mrunal and Gehna to the great dining room only used on special occasions or during Dawats.

"It's a happy day Mahi, stop complaining."

"No. Instead of bhai and baba's attention being on me, they'll be solely focusing on some old, bald king who has come to renew his peace treaty."

"Shhh... lower your voice Mahi. If the old, bald king or his subjects hear you, it's not going to be good for Abeer." Mrunal hushed the Mughal Princess.

The ladies made their way to the dinning hall as they all laughed and chatted about the ceremony and made plans to attend the local fair.

"Mahi beta come here." Hania called Maheen as soon as she entered the dining area.

"Mami jaan." Maheen hopped towards Hania and pecked her on the cheek. "I'm very bored mami sa, can I go with Mrunal didi and Gehna to the local fair ? I've heard it's arranged to celebrate Bhaijaan's coronation, isn't that wonder-."

"Mahi, Mahi stop." Hania chuckled at her niece's constant blabbering. "I called you here to meet Kubra Ibrahim, she's the mother of Danish Ibrahim, he rules Lahore under your father's reign."

"My brother's you mean ?" Maheen said with a smirk.

"Yes, your brother's." Hania shook her head and laughed.

"Salam, I'm glad you could join us on this special day." Maheen said addressing the older woman.

"The pleasure is all mine Shehzadi Sahiba. I must say all the rumours about your beauty are true." Kubra Ibrahim said with a smile.

"I'm glad it's just my face they talk about and not my temper." Maheen said earning a slight elbow nudge from Hania.

"Mahi go, go find your mother and ask Baaji if you could go to the fair or not." Hania shooed her giving Maheen a warning look.

"Jo hukum Rani sa." Maheen teased Hania mocking a curtsy before scampering off to find her mother. (As you say Queen)

"They never really grow up until they have to right ?" Hania tried covering up for Maheen's childish behaviour.