C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N***

Song: The Take by Tory Lanez & Chris Brown

CHIDINMA ROUSED FROM her deep sleep and her eyes fluttered open

CHIDINMA ROUSED FROM her deep sleep and her eyes fluttered open. She looked to see Xante next to her on the couch wearing a black tee and dark blue jeans, wearing his Dolce & Gabbana glasses and typing on his phone. She winced when she tried to move because of how sore she was.

Xante had a smirk on his face as he mused, not looking up from his phone, "Careful, now. We wouldn't want you to blackout again, Dr. Deliano,"

Then, he looked up at her, his blue eyes twinkling. Chidinma had no words. How do you describe someone so handsome? The morning sun hit his face and his sharp nose and jaw stood out. His long, dark lashes hit his cheekbones with every flutter and the dark frames of his glasses rested on the bridge of his nose. Xante cocked his head, seeing her enthralled expression. He got up and approached the bed, placing a quick kiss on her lips.

"Buongiorno, regina del mio cuore," (Italian: Good morning, queen of my heart) Xante murmured against her lips, his voice husky and a smile erupted on her face as she wrapped her arms around his neck. She kissed him, pulling herself up closer to him, not caring about her morning breath.

Xante pulled away once he realised what she was doing. He raised a brow as he stepped back, "Uh uh, I'm not carrying your ass up. I've already done my morning workout,"

Chidinma whined and then, what he said sunk in, "Nigga, I hope you did not just call me fat,"

"Technically, I only said I've already done my-" He stopped when he saw Chidinma fold her arms and look at him daringly, "What I meant to say is, you are the most beautiful and perfect woman I have ever seen," Xante said, placing a quick kiss on her lips after his sheepish words.

After an hour of getting ready and listening to Xante complain about how long she was taking, Chidinma exited the bathroom, wearing a black midi fitted dress that showed off all her curves, a blue cropped jean jacket and a. Her outfit was paired with a black Chanel purse and matched Xante's outfit.

Xante looked up from his phone and actually did a double take, which made Chidinma laugh, "Goddamn," He stood up to his full height and approached Chidinma, wrapping his arms around her waist, "You know what? Why don't we stay in, enjoy this bed..."

He leaned down to kiss her neck, tasting her sweet berry scent, "Enjoy you," He finished with a growl and a sexy gleam in his eye.

It took everything in Chidinma to pull herself away from him with a small giggle. Then, a serious expression came upon her face, "Xante...we are going to explore Dubai and have a real honeymoon. We will see the sights, the people, the architecture, everything. Deal?"

Xante looked conflicted for a couple of moments, then smirked. He nodded in agreement and said nonchalantly, "Here's my deal: We explore Dubai during the day and I explore you during the night. Va bene?" Xante growled.