1.

8th June 2013
Omniscient.

It was finally summer in the uk and when it gets hot, it gets hot all the boys were wearing their vests to play out on the streets and the little girls wearing bathing suits with shorts or skirts.

But we look at a young man named Keantae who at this time is 11 years old.

"Mum..Mum ..mum" he repeats tapping on his mother Rita's shoulder.

"Yes Keantae?"she said looking down at her son.

"Can I go and play with Melani and Makel today?"he said referring too his best friend and his twin sister.

"Yes but be careful when you cross the road alright?"she warned .

"Yes mummy"he ran away but quickly came back giving her a kiss on the cheek and running away again.

He ran upstairs to his elder brother Deion's room.

"Deion-" his sentence was cut short as he watched his brother count money. He had never seen this much never the less he wondered how his brother got this amount.

"Deion where did you get that?"he questioned

"Don't matter what we're you gonna tell me?"he replied quickly putting the money away.

"Mum said I can go to Makel's so yeah."he said smiling.

"He lives near the shops init?"

Keantae nodded.

"Do you want a tenner?"he asked his curious younger brother.

"Yes please, I would like to use it to buy Melani some sweets and a drink she says that her favourites ar-" he was cut off.

"Bro I don't even care , look if you give these to uncle next to the corner shop he'll give you a tenner" Deion said holding up a small bag of pills.

"What are those?"he asked not wanting to get in trouble.

"It's paracetamols that's all. Uncle Amir always has head aches and he never has enough pills. So give this to him and he'll give you your tenner. But don't tell mum."he explained. Of course lying.

"Hmm"keantae thought. "I guess If it's just headache pills"

He ran to his room putting on his favourite shorts ,vest and trainers.

"Bye mummy."he left out the house with the pills in his pocket , he carefully crossed the road making sure all six cars stopped and the red man turned green.

When he got to the shops he saw his uncle. "Hello uncle!" He said with excitement.

"Wagwan lil man"his uncle greeted.

"I have your headache pills."he smiled.

Amir thought for a second but then realised. "Your a big boy for doing that Tae how much did your brother say?"

"A tenner"

"Ah I see you spend it well"his uncle said pulling out a stack of money handing him the ten pound note.

"I will I'm going to spend it on sweets for Melani she said her favourites are skittles and she likes apple juice I will then buy her a magazine with a toy" he explained.

"What you got a girlfriend yeah? Your gonna catch cooties" he joked

"No cooties do not exist uncle it's simply something that weird boys make up when girls do not like them and no that is not my girlfriend she is my friend"he rambled.

"Yeah yeah ,I see you your a smart boy go in the shop and get her stuff init."

He walked into the shop and got all that he needed getting a drink and crisp for himself .

"Uncle here's your change."he said trying to hand off  £3.78

"Nah I don't need that keep it you can go chippy later."

He walked away making his way to his best friends house , carefully knocking on the door making sure not to startle anyone .

"Hi..is Makel here?" He asked Raymond their father.

"No, he's at his grandparents Melani is here I'll call her and you can play in the garden" keantae nodded sitting on the garden chairs .

"Hi Tae! Look i just got my hair done do you like it ?" Melani said while walking over to where he was sat.

He looked up at her hair it was 4 cornrows with a big bun at the back.

"I like it your hair has also grown a lot I think that's because of the oil my mummy lent your mum. Do you like my hair I have to get a trim soon."

"Keantae do you know you talk a lot, don't be sad I like to hear you talk because you help me with my homework but sometimes you talk about stuff that I don't understand.."she began .

"I wish I could understand though..what's in that bag." She stopped as it distracted her.

"Oh yes , I brought you some skittles and a drink and a magazine the one that you showed me on the way home from school on the last day."

"Thank you , have you ever played boyfriend and girlfriend? I did but he cheated on me."she asked while opening the packet.

"No , I like your eyes in the sun they are very bright but in the winter they are dark"

They began talking outside for hours until it was time to go inside.

"Keantae, I just called your uncle go to the shops and he'll take you home before it's too late, make sure you cross properly."Akira the twins mother said.

"I will , bye lani" he waved walking through the gate.

"Bye keantae!" She shouted.

*End of Chapter
*I hope you man like this one because it makes more sense to me.