۵ Chapter 4 ۵

"So, how exactly did you end up on this island?" Sonic asks. The two of us have been awake for a while and like he had yesterday suggested we'd finally get to know each other better.

"I just did," I answer. It's pretty much the truth. I mean I wasn't really looking for anything special. I just jumped in the boat and left. That's all.

"Yeah but there's gotta be something right?" Sonic says tilting his head slightly. He looks kinda cute when he's confused. No that's not it. I'm pretty sure he looks almost always kinda cute. "You didn't just wake up here one morning there's gotta be more."

But I did just wake up here that one morning. I mean before that I ran away but I don't think it's something I wanna talk about. Scratching my head I turn my gaze away from him. "Yeah um... I think I was in a boat," I answer.

"You just were in a boat?" he says confused. "Come on Y/N you can tell me how you got here."

"Um... I don't think I remember anything about that," I say and raise my gaze to him. His green eyes are gleaming with confusion.

He keeps looking at me for a moment as if he is trying to see if I'm telling the truth, which I am not, before he turns his gaze away. Checking his communicator he jumps up from his hammock. "Come on," he says walking toward the front door, "The others are apparently gonna go over to Meh Burger."

"Fine. Though I'd honestly prefer something else," I say as I get up from the chair and walk out after him.

The journey to Meh Burger is pretty normal. And by normal, I mean normal to Sonic, or so I assume, as when we finally arrive at the place, we come across a rather interesting scene. A robot with a flamethrower is breaking havoc around the village center.

Almost immediately after arriving at the scene Sonic tells me to go somewhere safe while he deals with the bot. After that he just runs over to an ice cream cart where an ox has just bought an ice cream cone which the bot immediately destroys with its flamethrower. As the owner of the cart runs away Sonic pulls the ox behind the cart to safety.

He then jumps over the cart and right in front of the bot which tries to use its flamethrower against him, but Sonic is too fast for the bot. He spindashes against it and while landing shouts, "Dr. Eggman's evil fireman robot is running on the loose!"

"Why does everyone assume every evil robot is mine?" Eggman asks as he's reading a magazine while sitting on a nearby bench. Not really having anything to do I walk over to him and sit down on the bench while yawning.

Sonic attacks the bot again and then turns to Eggman, "Oh, I don't know. Experience?"

"Yeah, you attack the village every day so it's pretty easy to assume they're your bots," I say to Eggman who just gives me a glance before turning back to his magazine.

"You're fired pal!" a familiar voice says, and I turn my head to see Knuckles walking over to the bot while holding a large branch. "Get it?" he chuckles at his pun, if it can even be called that, but the bot uses its flamethrower and the branch he is holding burns and quickly turns into ashes. "Guess not."

"Shouldn't firemen put out fires?" asks another familiar voice from closer. Amy is standing nearby the bench and giving Eggman a blank stare.

"Hello! That's the irony! It's the evil opposite of a fireman," Eggman says to her. Both Sonic and I turn to him and he quickly adds, "I mean, I assume."

He goes back to reading his magazine as I turn away from him. "No one's buying your act Eggman," I say to him, "I don't know why you're even trying."

"I'm trying to enjoy my life here okay," Eggman says glancing away from his magazine as I let out a small laugh.

"Sonic! The evil anti-fire bot is putting a baby walrus into a burning house!" shouts Sticks who apparently has also arrived here at some point. She's pointing toward the fireman bot which is now climbing up a latter leading to burning house while holding a baby.