Tree-7

It's 4th period, my class with Eli.

All I know is that the teacher is going on about some in-class project. I don't even know, nor do I care. I do care about Eli though. I'm just gonna stare at him the whole class period anyway.

The way he moves his hands when he gets flustered, or how his lips twitch into a small when he's interested in something. Ugh, I shouldn't be thinking like this. Hot, sister's boyfriend, straight, off-limits, no-no.

"Hellooo," Eli says waving his hand frantically in front of my face.

"What, huh?" I ask suddenly confused.

He breathes out a laugh, "We have a project to do, in groups of two. It's just a quick assignment that we can finish in class."

My mouth forms an O shape.

"Weren't you paying attention? Did I overestimate the number of your brain cells?" he says with delight bright on his face.

I push his shoulder playfully, "That hurts me. You give me chest pains."

Eli fills me in on what to do. We get to work on the computer, but not 15 minutes later I get tap on my shoulder from Nick.

"Hey, do you know what happened to Cameron?" he asked. I look over to realize Cameron wasn't here today. I didn't even notice. I was probably focusing too much on how tight Eli's shirt was today.

"Eli, do you know why Cameron didn't make it to school today," I ask hoping maybe he could have the answer for Nick.

Eli looks up, "Hmm? Oh he broke his foot practicing this new football skill. He broke it in a couple different places. Plus he's in a lot of pain. I don't think he'll be back for another week or so."

Nick had this straight face the whole time Eli was explaining Cameron's story. One thing about Nick is that he is not only quiet around new people, he also has this awesome poker face. You never have any idea what's going on in that mind of his. Total mystery, but I'm guessing it's something weird because once he warms up to you, he gets super crazy. Like he's on drugs. There's not one conversation you can have with Nick that doesn't involve the sentence, "Are you on drugs?"

Nick looked at us, his expression softening a bit, "So want to go out to eat with me and Jade tonight?"

"Where at?" I ask Nick.

He shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know, Chilli's."

"Fine with me," Eli says.

I speak up, "What about Robbie?"

"He's at some fancy dinner with his parents," Eli answers. Oh yeah that's right. Robbie always has to do rich people stuff with his parents.

"Should I invite Danni?" I ask Eli once we get in his car. We decided to go right after school.

He thought about this for a second, before deciding against it.

"Okay, I guess."

Once we arrived at Chili's we met up with Jade and Nick.

Finding a booth we slide in.

Eli and I on one side, Jade and Nick on the other.

Eli sat close to me; our legs touching. God it's amazing how just a little touch will drive me to the brink of insanity. His touch is mind-altering.

After a few minutes, the waitress comes by and takes our orders. We started telling funny stories and all around it was a good time.

When I was finished with my crispy fries I started to pick off of Eli's plate.