4

Aaliyah Moreno

The rain had cleared up not long after I started walking back down the road towards my house, but I was dripping wet and it took me a minute to realise I still had Harry's blue shirt on.

As I got home i took off the blue shirt and folded it into a ball and held it under my arm so no one would see. I ringed my dress out before I stepped inside, watching every drop splash to the ground and into an already existing puddle creating ripples. I couldn't help but smile to myself about what happened at the sunflower fields. Definitely a memory I would treasure wether I met that man again or not.

I slip my muddy sneakers off and leave them on the mat outside. I step in and I am immediately greeted with hot air from the heating on slightly. I know it was spring but our house was always cold.

"Oh my god Aaliyah you're dress-"

"It's okay mum. Really."

"But I though it was your favourite?"

"Oh don't worry. It is."

And now it had another reason to be my favourite.

"Okay well go get yourself cleaned up. We'll have dinner soon okay."

I give her a slight nod and run up stairs in my soaking wet socks and droplets of rain falling from the ends of my hair with every step I took.

"Aaliyah." I hear my mum call

"Yes mum." I say as I peer round the corner of the stairs.

"What's that blue shirt you've got there?"

Damn it.

"Oh it's ravens. She let me borrow it." Ravens my bestfriend, almost like a sister, I knew she'd cover for me if my mum asked.

"You didn't have it when we left this morning?"

Think Aaliyah. Think.

"I ran into her on the way back from the fields."

"Oh. Okay hun."

Good save.

As I go into my room, the rain pours down again and is loud. Just how I liked it. I look around my room and just admire it for a second. My soft and warm grey coloured double bed was up against the wall in the centre of my room, on each side of it were two oak wood bedside tables which consisted of each of them having lamps, I liked both of them on when I wrote in my journal. To the right of my bed I had a large rectangular window in which my tall plant stood on the ledge of. I also had a few literature books up against it so it was easy to grab them. Directly above my bed I had a couple frames and within them were my favourite vinyl records. Near my door, to the right a bit I have a desk where I do all my work and sometimes just relax on. Next to it I have a tv on the wall, in perfect view for when I'm in bed because I just fall asleep watching it. To the left side of my room I had a bathroom, it wasn't huge but it was sweet.

I go over and close my grey curtains as I undress myself for my shower. I normally preferred baths because they were more relaxing, but I was really muddy.

I step into my bathroom and bring in a towel in which I hang up on the back of the door. I turn the shower handle on and watch the water stream simultaneously from the shower head to the floor. I run my hand under it gently to check the temperature.

Perfect

I step inside and close the shower door. I tilt my head back slightly and feel the warm water drops go from my head and run all the way down to my toes. I run my hands through my hair and feel it soften up from the water.

As i wash my hair I just couldn't stop thinking about today. The shower water had the same consistency of the rain outside and it just reminded me of Harry and our small little scenario. Wether he cared about it or not, I did.

I decided that I'd go back to the sunflower field in a couple of days to see if he was still there and if he was, I'd just like to get to know more about him. He seems like a sweet guy.

I finish up in the shower and turn the handle round to stop the shower. As I step out I see how steamed up the mirror is and wipe my hand from the left side to the right side all the way down to the bottom of the mirror, revealing my excess mascara underneath the crease of my eye. I didn't really mind at this point so I just wrapped my hair in a towel and shoved on some joggers and a long cosy jumper. I put all my dirty clothes in my washing basket and just crash down on my bed.

I sank into my bed which is what I loved about it. Sleep is one of my favourite parts of everyday. Your mind becomes it's own book for the night and you are the reader. Some dreams may last a whole night whereas some may be short and sweet. Either way I loved sleep, I loved seeing what the human brain was capable of while we switched off for a period of time, it was intriguing. Sometimes we remember our dreams and other times we don't but either way it was still important.

Kind of like life. Sometimes we remember memories that we know we'd want to treasure forever. Other parts of your life you might not remember, but that was okay, it doesn't make those moments any less important.

"Aaliyah! Dinners ready!" My mum calls from downstairs

"Coming!" I shout back while unwrapping the towel off my head and just rub it a bit on the ends of my hair to stop water from dripping.

I Chuck the towel over the banister so it hangs to dry as I head downstairs for my dinner.

Today was a good day.

A day I want to treasure.

Forever.