||Chapter 33||

Cecelia

I wake up at 6am and see I was a mess my make up was smudged everywhere, my hair stood up on its own, and I was still wearing...Tate's jacket? I stand up and slip it off placing it on my bed.

I check my phone to see a text from Tate

Sweet dreams Sunshine. Pick you up in the morning at 7.

I smile realising it was sent only a couple of minutes after he left my house. I send a quick reply letting him know I was up and getting ready before going to have a shower.

🚿

Throughout my shower random fragments of the night came back to me I realised camp would be hosted on my island meaning I'd have to go and everyone would be aware of who I was and even worse who my father was. I didn't even know if I'd make it through the day let alone the week.

I quickly skip out of the shower and pick my outfit for the day

I decide to channel my inner Liv and wear an overall dress with a sweater underneath

I decide to channel my inner Liv and wear an overall dress with a sweater underneath. I take one last look in the mirror before checking my phone. It was now 6:30 meaning I had just enough time to do my hair and throw on some shoes.

I slide down the bannister after getting an alert he was at the gate. I open the door to see him in a knocking position "Hey how did you?" He asks confused as to how I beat him to the door before he even texted "I got an alert from the front gate" I say holding up my phone "Ohh" he says nodding his head"So I'm assuming you're ready then" he says smiling "Yupp" I say closing the door behind me.

I follow behind him to the car and slip in as he holds the door open for me before walking back over to the his side "Thanks" I say as he hops in the drivers seat "Anytime" he winks as he turns the car over. I smile at him realising it was barely 6:40 and he was already here.

We smooth out of my driveway and onto the empty road "I'm surprised there aren't more people out you'd think everyone would be going to work right about now" he says making a fair assumption "Well you know what they say Wall Street never sleeps and the housewives never leave" I reply knowing everyone who was meant to be working hadn't even come home from the night before and all the other housewives who shunned my mother were still tucked away in their silk pyjamas and fluffy sleeping masks. Tate gives me a weird confused look before turning his head back to the empty roads.

Tate

I kinda liked how the roads were empty it felt like it was just the two of us like nothing existed beyond our car no river, no family dramas, no petty high school girls just the two of us. Almost as if it were on command just the two of us by George Washington being to play. I shake my head and smile as I tap along to the beat as she hums the words "Just the two of us we can make it if we try just the two of us" I sing louder hopefully encouraging her to sing. She turns to me with a smile on her face as I sing to her. She eventually joins in as we pull up into the diners parking lot. I park up just as we finish up the last chorus before turning the car off. Not wanting to waste anytime before we had to rush to school I hop out of the car and jog to her side as I open it for her "Aw you didn't have to" she says laughing "But thank you" she says as she steps out. I close the door behind her and watch as the frosty morning air surrounds her as she exhales "Cmon let's get you inside it's cold" I say clicking the car and walking behind her.