054. Friendship

-----♕-----

-----♕-----

GEMINI WAS AWAKE early, though she didn't want to be. Bucky was sound asleep to her left, his face inches away from her cheek. His prosthetic arm was in its case, on the dresser. She didn't want to bother him, wriggling her way out of bed quietly.

She rooted quickly through the wardrobe, pulling out her clothes. Getting dressed quickly, she sat at the very end of the bed, tying her shoelaces. She sighed, brushing her hands through her hair before clicking her tongue to Dixon. Grabbing his leash and her phone, she left Bucky asleep in bed. 

Besides Vision, no-one was awake. She sighed, grabbing herself a bottle of water before grabbing her coat. She hated the cold of New York but she didn't want to stay in the Compound in that moment. 

Tugging slightly on Dixon's leash, they both made their way out of the door, locking it behind them.

|/\|/\|/\|

Bucky woke up to the empty half of the bed. Immediate fear settled in his chest when he didn't see Gemini or Dixon in the room. Listening for the shower, he couldn't hear anything. Rubbing his face with his right hand, he sat up quickly and jumped for his metal arm. Dressing quickly, he didn't care that his hair was all over the place.

He realised what the date was. Gemini had told him about it a few months ago. February was always the month that hit the Braddock's - and the Easton's - the hardest. The worry kept building in him. He knew the past few weeks, Gemini had been okay sine her incident but he couldn't risk it. 

Walking out of the room, he followed the sound of voices in the kitchen. He knew it was late in the morning, he didn't know specifically. 

"Oh, so nice of you to join us." Steve joked with him lightly. "It's nearly twelve."

Bucky shrugged his shoulders not fully comprehending what his friend was saying. Sam snorted behind Bucky, appearing in the room. "Bad hair day, Barnes?"

He ignored him, searching the room for his girlfriend. "Has anyone seen Gemini?"

"No-one's seen your girlfriend Barnes." Sam replied exasperatedly.

Bucky brushed his hand through his hair, his nerves now completely shot. "Sam, this is serious." He pointed out to him, looking the man dead in the eye.

Tony's attention was quickly caught by the concern in the man's voice. "What is it?"

"She wasn't there when I got up." He explained. He leaned against the bar for support. "It's her dad's anniversary." Nat's head shot up from the table at the mention of the date, standing quickly.

"I'll ring Toni." She answered running for her phone.

"I've got Nate." Tony replied. "Call Theo." He ordered Bucky as he pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialled the new number in his contacts.