chapter ten

o l i v i a

"Ooo! I love that outfit, Anna," I cheer on the sidelines as she poses for the camera. She has a gorgeous white tulle dress on with a giant wings in the shape of a snowflake attached to the back.

Today, we're doing a photoshoot with Cosmopolitan on their "Seasons" issue. They selected four models, including Anna and I, to represent one of the four seasons. I was chosen for autumn, so I'm dressed in a burnt orange tulle dress that has faux leaves stitched at the bottom. Unlike Anna's wings, mine are shaped like bare tree branches. This has to be one of the coolest fashion concepts I've done.

After Anna is done taking photos, Mark positions me in front of the fall backdrop. Behind me is a fake landscape of an orangey-red forest with piles of leaves on the floor. After all the portrait photos are taken, Mark lets me make snow angels in the leaves. Anna and the two other models join in on the fun. In my career, most times I'm serious and professional. But, every now and then, I get to let loose and have fun. Those are the moments I enjoy most.

The shoot finished about two hours ago, leaving Annalise and I just enough time to get ready at my apartment. Parker gave me three tickets for his game tonight against the Winnipeg Jets, so I invited Anna and Hayden to come with me. We are clueless when it comes to sports, but how can you pass on the opportunity to watch hot, muscular guys skate across the ice? Of course, I'll only have one guy on my radar repping the number twenty-three on my back.

I'm excited to see Parker in his element. I spent majority of the last game in the bathroom and nervously waiting to tell him about the baby. It's crazy how much has changed, since then.

While we haven't gone passed second base, I enjoy spending time with Parker. It's not all about physical attraction between us, but I'll admit that the heavy petting and make out sessions leave me hot and bothered. I'm sure I'll be drooling the entire game as I watch him skate to the end zone. Or is that football?

________________________

"Can I borrow these?" Anna peeps her head out from my closet and holds up a pair of my black boots with a five inch heel.

I chuckle. "Yeah sure, but you're going to use heels to the game?"

"Unlike you, I don't have a hot boyfriend," she tells me. "I need to look hot, so a sexy hockey player sweeps me off my feet."

"Okay," I giggle.

"Ollie, you're wearing heels, too," Hayden teases.

"Hypocrite much?" Anna points one of my velvet hangers at me. She's right. I have on gold heels that are a bit shorter than Anna's, but still relatively high. In my defense, I'm trying to use heels while I still can before my feet swell.

I was going to opt for shoes, but the gold heels matched better with Parker's red and gold jersey. I paired my outfit with black pants and a black coat. Anna and Hayden also have black jeans on, but Anna has on a jersey with Deacon's number, while Hayden reps #57. I laughed hysterically when I gave Annalise the jersey that Parker got for her. She was on cloud nine.

Once we're ready to go, I link my arms with Hayden and Anna's. "Are you ready, puck bunnies?" They both mock gasp, and I can't help but chuckle.

________________________

Inside the arena, heads turn to stare at us. Men check us out. Girls eye us from head to toe. I self consciously look down at my stomach. I'm not showing quite yet, but with the extra attention, I feel like everyone knows my secret.

Once we're seated, a group of young girls dressed in Blaze attire ask to take pictures with us. As much as I don't like the attention, I'm greatly appreciative of my fans. It's crazy that a few years ago, I was in the same shoes as those girls. Before they go back to their seats, one of them asks, "Are you and Parker Baylor together?"

I chew on my bottom lip, debating how I should answer her question. "Yes, he's my boyfriend, but don't tell anyone." I wink.

The girl smiles widely. "I ship."

Before the game starts, Anna heads to the concession stand to get us drinks. A lady with jet black hair and green eyes occupies the seat next to me. The smell of her popcorn makes me nauseous. She turns to face me with an intense glare, then quickly looks back to the ice. What the-

Hayden leans over so she can whisper in my ear. "What'd you do to her?"

"I have no clue," I whisper back.

A few moments later she looks me with her piercing eyes again. "Are you Olivia Windsor?" Her snarky tone sends chills down my spine.

"Yes," I politely respond.

"You listen to me, missy-" She's disrupted by the loud cheering of the fans. We both look to the ice and see the players fill the rink.

When the announcer calls Parker's name, I stand from my seat and cheer loudly without hesitation. To my surprise, the lady beside me follows in suit, shouting Parker's name. Who is she?

I'm shaken from my thoughts when the people seated in the row ahead turn around and look at me. I realize that Parker is waving his hands to get my attention. When our eyes meet, he blows a kiss and winks. An audible sigh sounds from the crowd. I catch the girl beside me roll her eyes. Parker eyes widen when he looks at the woman next to me, but he quickly shakes it off and skates away. That was odd.

Throughout the game, my eyes follow every move Parker makes. I might not understand how hockey works, but he sure looks good playing it. During intermission, my friends and I are caught on the jumbotron with our names and profession at the bottom. I inwardly laugh at how different my friends and I react to the camera. Anna throws up a peace sign, Hayden sticks up her ring finger—her version of the middle finger, and I smile awkwardly and wave.

By the third period, Deacon gets possession of the puck and glides it across the ice, shooting for the goal. When the puck slides into the net, the sea of red and gold stand and cheer. Copying their reaction, my friends and I join the celebration. Who knew you watching hockey could be so fun?

"Deacon is so hot!" Anna squeals, earning laughs from Hayden and I. "So much hotter Jake."

"Much hotter," I agree.

"I got my eye on #57," Hayden says. "Chocolate brown skin, coffee brown eyes."

"What's his name again?" Annalise asks.

"Devin Williams," Hayden responds in a sing-songy voice.

"Oh, he's so good looking," Anna adds.

Hayden mocks anger, "He's mine! You have Dea-" A loud gasp erupts in the arena, startling my friends and I.

Everyone is wears worried expressions as they look at the commotion down on the ice. The team medic enters the rink in a hurried manner and receives assistance from the other players. I can see one of the Blaze players lying limp on the ice. When the medic removes the player's helmet, dirty blonde hair pops out. My heart drops. Parker.

 Parker