(26) Awkward Cinnamon Rolls

A/N : Probably overreacting but- TYSM FOR 2K READS AJDBDIXNC
...maybe I'll do a Two Heroes special for either 50 votes or a certain number of reads.. what do y'all think? I really wanna write a special for Heroes Rising too but we'll see aha. Also, fun fact; I couldn't decide whether to name this awkward encounters or awkward cinnamon rolls, but since the last chapter with Endeavour had 'encounters' in it I decided to switch is up lol. We do be loving our cinnamon rolls though 😌✨

Y/N

It was finally the day we were leaving for internships! I'd talked to Shinso a bit the day we initially picked our places, and finally invited him over to introduce him to our many cats, which he appreciated immensely. I think he and Dad hit it off pretty well.

I finally managed to fix up my sleep schedule to an extent, and was currently jumping around the train station as my classmates and I waited for our designated rides to arrive.

"Hey Todo-kun! Who're you interning with this week?" I asked the duo-hair coloured boy next to me.

"I'm actually going to be heading over to my father's agency," he relied, although I couldn't help but notice the look of distaste he had when he uttered the word 'father'. "I heard you'll be joining me?"

I was surprised, but then remembered how Deku had accidentally shouted it out.. oh well. "Let's have a good week!" I smiled warmly, "I'll see you on our train then, a Todo-kun!"

I skipped over to where Uraraka and Deku were seeing off Iida, whose train had already arrived. I shot them a grin before pulling them into a group hug, which they quickly returned.

"Owh.. I'll miss you guys so much! By the way Deku, who're you interning with?" I asked, tilting my head every so slightly.

"Ah! I don't think you'd know him, but he goes by Gran Torino. Apparently her mentored All Might himself!" He whispered the last bit excitedly into my ear. Little did he know, I was actually quite familiar with the old guy, keeping in touch with him throughout the years.

"Oh cool! I do know him actually, aha.. tell him I said hi! Also, I should warn you he can be a little.. confusing, at times. And if you ever wanna get on his good side, cinnamon rolls are a must!" I laughed, although it wasn't really a joke. That sweet old man had a thing for sweets and cinnamon rolls were no exception.

"Oh... thanks for the advice, Y/N!" I grinned before turning to Uraraka.

"Uraraka! Best of luck with your internship this week!"

"Aww, thanks Y/N," she replied sweetly.

"And Iida! I don't know if you have stuff going on with your personal life right now, and I won't pry but you we're all friends, right? That means you can lean on us!"

Deku echoed my sentiments, Uraraka following soon afterwards as well.

"I know.." he trailed off, looking away as if he was embarrassed or something, before rushing off to his train. I sighed, hoping he'd sort out whatever it was he was going through eventually.

My gut began to ache again for some reason as I watched the train Iida boarded speed away.

'What in the world..? What was it? What's happening in Hosu?'

I waved goodbye to my other two close friends before rejoining Todoroki, still immersed in my thoughts.

'Hosu.. city..? Wait a second-'

I whipped out my phone and pulled up some of the recent news and statistics on the hero killer.

'According to Dad, he's never struck in one place only once. There were always multiple deaths. But where was the recent one?'