~8~

Brighid walked into the school library on her lunch break looking over her shoulder every so often. She wanted to make sure no one she knew was around.

She hurried down one of the aisles, pretending to look for a certain book.

"Can we talk?" She whispered skimming through a random book she had pulled off the shelf. She was far from paying attention to the words on the pages, only pretending to read just incase someone she knew walked by.

"We aren't suppose to be talking, you know that" Jake muttered back, facing the opposite way. He pulled a book off the shelf and walked down the aisle, away from Brighid.

"Please?" Brighid begged walking out from the aisle. At this point she didn't care if anyone saw them talking, especially Nathan. The silence was already enough punishment, a grounding would be no different.

"Come on Brig, let's make this easy. I don't want to fight"

"I don't want to either" Brighid pleaded. Her voice was louder than a whisper and people began to look. Jake tried to walk ahead, ignoring her, but he couldn't escape her, she wouldn't let him. She reached out trying to grab his arm to stop him. Jake instantly pulled away.

"Brighid just stop, you're causing a scene" he muttered through his teeth looking to the right and left of him.

"It wasn't my idea, you have to believe me. It was all my dad.... please believe me" Brighid cried out her voice was shaky as she tried to remain quiet.

His soft eyes indicated to Brighid he was listening, and he believed her.

"Brig? Hey there you are. We are going to be late for class" Brooke called out running in towards her. Brighid stood there for a second longer looking into Jake's eyes before walking away to Brooke.

Jake watched Brighid walk out before turning around and heading to the check out desk.

"Hey you okay?" A voice asked Jake, tapping him on the shoulder. Jake turned around to see Lucas awkwardly standing there with his hands tucked into his pocket and his shoulders slightly slouched.

"All good man, it's nothing"

"Doesn't seem like nothing" Lucas said.

"Ah, just a little problem with, I guess your sister" Jake responded nervously adding a small laugh at the end.

"She's not- well she is but- she's- I think you got the point" Lucas rambled on. Jake smiled.

"Jake Jagielski by the way" Jake said sticking his hand out. The two shook hands.

"We're on the team together. FYI, don't let Nathan bully you. It's the fear that fuels him. No fear no fuel" Jake advised before grabbing his book off the table and walking away.

Meanwhile Brighid was walking with Brooke to class.

"Talking to Jagielski I see?" Brooke questioned.

"Hahaha, no just giving him something, Nate asked me" Brighid lied hoping Brooke forgot about it.

"Well I think he's cute. Just like your brother Luke, so I approve" Brooke commented ending it with a big grin.

Brighid rolled her eyes.

"Not my brother" Brighid stated, huffing at the end. The two rounded the corner and began talking about a new topic.