Chapter 53

Since Cedric had already mastered the bubblehead charm, Ophelia had turned her worries to the boy who lived, along with Hermione's, it seemed.

"You haven't got anything?" Ophelia asked incredulously as she joined Hermione, Ron and harry in the library, who were feverishly tearing through pages of spells. "Anything?"

"No." Harry said glumly, closing a book and opening another one. "What's Diggory doing?"

Hermione and Ron's heads both snapped towards her.

"That's cheating," Ophelia raised her eyebrows. "I'm sure I'll be able to find something...it didn't take that long for us to find the charm Ced's using."

"A charm?" Hermione piped up, and Ophelia shut her eyes, realizing her slip up.

"Er..."

"It doesn't matter," Harry sighed. "I probably won't be able to master it overnight anyway..."

"Harry...You could at least could try—"

"I know what I should have done," he interrupted Hermione. "I should've learned to be an Animagus like Sirius."

"Oh—how's Sirius been?"

"He's been doing pretty well," Harry responded. "I'm actually meeting him quite soon...reckon he wouldn't mind if you dropped by to say hi."

"I would love that," Ophelia beamed, but shut her mouth as Hermione sent her a harsh glare.

"Anyways—"

"You could've turned into a goldfish any time you wanted!" Ron exclaimed.

"Or a frog,"

"t takes years to become an Animagus, and you have to register yourself and everything. Professor McGonagall told us, remember..."

"Hermione, I was joking, I know I haven't got a chance of turning into a frog by tomorrow morning..."

"Oh, this is no use," Hermione said, snapping yet another book shut. "Who on Earth wants to make their nose hair grow into ringlets?"

"I wouldn't mind," came Fred's voice suddenly. "Be a talking point, wouldn't it?"

Ophelia rubbed her eyes, and in a teasing tone waved at the twins. "The Weasley twins in the library?" she looked around in mock surprise. "Someone pinch me so I know I'm not hallucinating."

"Ha ha." Fred laughed dryly.

"What are you two doing here?" Ron asked.

"Looking for you," George replied. "McGonagall wants you, Ron. And both of you too, Hermione and Ophelia."

"Why?"

"Oh no," Ophelia sighed. "This better not be about the prank I pulled on Filch."

"That was a nice one," Fred grinned, leaning forward to give her a high five.

"I dunno," George answered Hermione. "She was looking a bit grim, though. We're supposed to take you down to her office."

Ophelia and the twins had been to Professor McGonagall's office much too many times, and walking there was as familiar as walking back to the common room. Professor McGonagall was already waiting for them, her lips pursed and looked more concerned as usual when she offered a seat to the three of them.

"Good evening, Minnie!"

"Good evening, Ms. Rae." Professor McGonagall's lips twitched a bit, but her solemn expression was still evident.

"Professor...why are we here? Is something wrong?" Hermione asked in confusion.

"I was told to bring you three here for tomorrow's task. I'm sure you all must know about the clue and the task—our four champions will have an hour to retrieve what they will sorely miss. Mr. Weasley, you are Harry Potter's, Ms. Granger, you are Viktor Krum's, and of course, Ms. Rae, you are Mr. Diggory's."