42: The Revolution

All that could've gone wrong had passed

All that could've gone wrong had passed. The worst thing we could've imagined had already happened to us. Derek had been in an accident and we had almost lost him.

So, from now on, nothing could go wrong. Derek was a huge setback but we've lived through that and came out even stronger. Derek was sent home and we met him everyday. He was bummed that he won't be able to come with us for the countdown but, Carson convinced him that it was necessary.

Today, at 9 a.m. the countdown would be coming to an end. Yes, the countdown on the app was different from the countdown on the website. The countdown on the app was supposed to end the next morning.

Which is now.

I hadn't met Chloe after everything. I felt sorry for her, but couldn't muster the courage to go and comfort her. I don't know what I should be saying to her. I can't tell her that it's not her fault, because it totally is.

She cheated on Dom, which was the best thing that had happened to her. She let Carson manipulate her, even when she knew he had never shown any interest in her. She didn't respect her commitment with Dom and lastly she did wrong to me.

Amber had come to my room to ask if I know what's wrong with Chloe lately, but I couldn't tell her a thing. I don't know if she'll show up today or if she's even back to her normal self.

I picked my phone up when the countdown finally ended and the screen popped up with the message to head downstairs.

I opened the door of my room and so did the others. Everyone stepped out of their rooms and marched down the hostel. There were guards outside the hostel's gate hired by the authority but the number of guards inside the hostel were double, courtesy of Ridge Ashton.

There were three huge cardboard boxes placed near the fountain and the girls moved near them to open them up.

I opened one of them as the other two were being opened and picked up the yellow jackets placed inside them.

They were thin coats and the boxes were filled with them. Everyone grabbed one and the bodyguards gave way to the girls to walk down to the university without a hassle.

I was one of the first few girls to grab the coat and move towards the gate. All the others joined us as we moved towards Eastwood and in the middle we saw a big congregation coming towards us.

They had the same yellow coats on and the crowd quickly unified into one big crew. They were the boys from the hostel.

I and Carson spotted each other at the same time and he gave me a smile before quickly rushing towards me. I did the same as the others were rushing towards Eastwood. We were moving against the motion and collided into a hug in the middle.

The people looked at us weirdly as they walked by us. But we didn't care.

The colour of Revolution is blue.