72

Note: 용수(YongSu)

-

Y/N's POV
When 용수 had finally came out to me. I was taken aback. I knew that I wasn't Hwangsoo's biological child for a long time, but the way 용수 had recounted the scenario made me feel as if he had...loved me.

I had always thought that the reason why he treated me the way he did was because he was in rage.
Outraged by my mother's actions, by the fact that I wasn't his biological child. And yet, right now I find out that he didn't even know a single thing.
The way 용수 described him made me think that he actually loves his daughter... that is, if I wasn't the actual party involved.

"I'm sorry 용수, I shouldn't have lost my cool."

"It's alright Y/N. I know you're under a lot of stress right now. Don't worry about it okay?", 용수 answered kindly as he used his other hand to gently ruffle my hair.

"Hey! Don't touch my hair!", I scowled jokingly.

"Hahahahha. Yes yes, babe!"

I smiled softly at our little banter as I temporarily forgot about all my current worries.

Ring... Ring...

The sound of 용수's phone ringing cut off his laughter. Looking at his phone screen, I raised my brow when I saw the contact name.

'Chanyeol.'

Why is Chanyeol calling 용수?
용수 looked at me as if politely asking if I minded if he took the call. I nodded my head before he excused himself, exiting my office to answer the call.

I sighed as I sunk myself deeper into my comfy office chair. However, just as I was about to close my eyes, another knock resounded. Thinking that it was just 용수 again, I uttered a quick "Come in", without thinking much of it.

But as the door swung open, it was clear to me that it wasn't 용수. It revealed the one and only,
Kim Namjoon.

I automatically straightened my posture taking in a shaky breath.
I was not ready.

"Ether- I mean Y/N. Sorry for interrupting." Namjoon bowed as he awkwardly smiled.

I nodded my head at him, gesturing instinctively at the chair in front of my office desk, looking all prim and proper. You couldn't tell that I, internally, was shaking profusely like a leaf.

"What may I help you with?" I questioned professionally without letting any of my emotions from the earlier event affect me. At least I was trying to.

"Y/N..."
When he spoke my name again, I swore I heard a voice calling out to me so woefully and wistfully, and my eyes widened.
Was it all my imagination?

"You said that if I have any inquires I can ask you right?"

I hummed in response.

"A-about Jungkook's parents, did they really...?", His voice quivered ever so slightly.

Ah, so he's wondering about the many loopholes hidden in the death of Jungkook's parents...
I kept my silence for a while trying to formulate the best answer for him in my brain.

In the end, I couldn't think of a perfect way to speak of what I knew, and thus I asked him another question that would guide me as to how I should answer.
Should I, or should I not hide certain information?
"Do you want to know everything from the start to finish or just purely about Jungkook's parents?"

Another tense silence fell as Namjoon thought hard.

"I-I... Right now I don't think I can handle so much. I'd admit that I should ask for you to tell me everything. But for now, let me just be selfish. Just this once, I swear.... I would just like to know about Jungkook's parents. When I'm ready, I will come to you again. So please, tell me", Namjoon's voice shook slightly, his tone filled with great frustration and pain.