Chapter Nineteen

Sitting in the kitchen, Simmons placed the hot bowl in front of me. A bowl of oatmeal, covered in brown sugar and cream. I tried to resist eating it in two bits, and somehow I succeeded. Fitz walked down the hall, fidgeting with something in his hand.

"Oh Fitz! Can you come in here?" Simmons called.

Fitz popped his head in the doorway. "Yeah?"

"Can you watch Skye for a moment? I have to run something to the lab." She left the room, just in time for the oven to go off. "I also have cupcakes in the oven!" She shouted from the hall. He sighed, placing the gears on the counter. Putting on two oven mitts by the stove, he prepared to take them out. He went over to the oven, pulling out the trays.

I walked over to him, closing the oven behind him. "Thanks" He quickly said before setting down the trays on the counter. He took off the mitts and went to the fridge.

"What's in there?" My question was answered by him bringing out a jar of vanilla frosting. I smiled, thinking that a warm cupcake with frosting would taste.

"So, was there an actual reason for you not to be alone?" He asked. He started taking the individually paper wrapped cakes out of the trays, setting them on the mesh platform to cool.

"She's worried I'm going to act out of PTSD, which I don't have." I expressed to him. I took a cooler ckae, opening the frosting. The foil wrapper on the top was hard to rip off. I pulled, yanking it off, btu having it fall out of my hands. It landed on the counter corner. I picked up the half empty jar, looking up at Fitz.

"Thanks Skye." He sarcastically said. Frosting, having been thrown out of the jar, coated half of his face and went up his right arm. He just glared at me, breaking into a smiling sneer. I giggled, covering my mouth before I could let anymore out. I had to turn away, releasing a chuckle into the nearby corner. He started to laugh behind me, so I turned around and laughed with him. Getting a towel from nearby, I started to wipe down his sweater vest.

"Sorry, Fitz," I giggled. Wiping up his neck, he looked at me with a little smile. I smiled back at him, but then he blushed. Did he want me to smile back? Maybe not. I slowly wiped the frosting off his face, cleaning it out of his dirty blond hair.

"You're going to have to take off your shirt, it'll need to be washed." I stepped back, rinsing the towel under the faucet. The clumps of frosting, now wasted, slid down the drain. I scrubbed the leftover in the rag out with my hands. I made sure the rag was clean before turning off the faucet. I turned back to see a shirtless Fitz. Well, almost shirtless. His white tank top was still on, but his sweater sat in a heap on the floor.

I started to wipe in his hair, hands shaky. He had been working out. Whatever little bit of fat he had was replaced with a little bit of muscle. God, he may not have been built, but he was more human this way. More relatable. More touchable.

"Skye." I turned quickly, sure my face was red. Ward stood outside the doorway. He had showered and shaved, combed and brushed his hair. He had a simple undershirt on. Pants too, of course. At least, it was nice he did wear them.

"Oh, hey Ward." Fit smiled. He didn't see anything wrong with the picture Ward had seen.

Hey readers,
I finally updated! Yay! Thank you! I enjoy your feedback, when I can use it. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter ;) and let me know if you did or not. Thanks again, all of you mean something to me!
- SkyeWardShipper