69°

So sorry for taking so long. I hope these triple updates make up for it😊❤️

Tbh, Im so tired. I've been super stressed, so here you go❤️

~GIWA~

What's happening to me?

I couldn't tell where I was.

My eyes slowly started to adjust, making out the air around me, little by little. My sense of hearing started picking up too. Slowly, slowly..

"Mummy, she has woken up!"

I was jolted in shock immediately by the sharp squeal of a voice that pierced through my brain.

It didn't take long after for me to realise that it was only Nini. I could barely get a glimpse of her, running out of the room like a squirrel.

That's when it dawned on me that I infact, did not even recognise the room I was in.

No, I knew I wasn't having memory loss. My bedroom walls were dark blue, but this...this wasn't my bedroom. It was smaller than my room, and had a lighter, duller shade of blue on the walls.

A hospital ward. It clicked now.

I tried sitting up against the bed, ignoring the creaky sound of the metal holding on beneath and wincing in total pain at the pain that spread everywhere, all around my body.

"What the_" I winced again, placing my hands around my head and feeling the rough the of the bandage around it as I tried to numb the worst pain yet. My head hurt like a damn bitch. Like, a weight was crushing it.

That was when I got reminded instantly of the last thing I remembered that happened to me - the gang beating, from people who I didn't know, who seemed familiar with me. I could almost remember the pain and trauma I went through, and with the overwhelming pain in my head, it felt like I could feel the repeated slams of my head against the ground all over again.

Only one question racked my brain; Why?

Who were those people and why did they attack me like that? How did they even find me?

I didn't even have the strength or energy to think of an answer because my entire body was battered all over. I felt like sitting up was the most I could do. The way it seemed, with the way even my legs felt as though they were crushed to a paste beneath the hospital duvet that covered them, I doubted I'd even be able to stand, talkless of walking properly.

I didn't even need to. In no time, Nini was rushing back into my ward, with a doctor, about two or three nurses, as well as my hysteric mum behind her, crying and wailing uncontrollably.

"Giwa!" She screamed, hugging me softly and crying on me, holding me for what felt like ages. I could hear Nini's sobs beside me, soft, yet uncontrollable still, as she sat there by me.

"Giwa, what - how? Just, how did this happen to you?" She exclaimed, questioning me as soon as soon as we broke off from our long lasting embrace. I could see her eyes were red with tears, her face was even swollen. She looked like a mess.

"Mrs. Falade, maybe you shouldn't ask questions that will strain her to think right now?" The doctor's voice had come in, as he tried stretching out a hand to my mum to get her attention.

"Does to hurt to think, baby? Are you stressed? Am I stressing you?" Mum asked me with an almost pathetic, rushed tone that made me worried about her.

"Mrs. Falade..." The doctor urged on, softly, looking at my mum with pity filling his big, brown eyes.

"How long have I been here?" I had to ask, looking at all of them - Mum, Nini, the doctor, the nurses - as I waited for an answer.