THREE

A.N Another update for you all! Please remember to vote and comment.

E L A I N A

I have to admit that last night actually turned out to be enjoyable. Spending time with and getting to know Harry proved to be pretty fun. I guess the night ended up even better for Cora who rung me this morning telling me that there have been dozens of articles that include all the photos that were taken of us. It was probably the happiest I've ever heard her, although to anyone else who heard her they would have thought she was anything but happy. She was also satisfied with the fact that Harry had his hand on my back as we walked in and out of the bar.

And that's the next thing I have to admit. I know that Harry's actions were purely for the sake of the paparazzi and the articles that would come from the photos, but I can't say that I didn't get goosebumps or butterflies under his burning touch. 

I'm sure Cora is ecstatic about the photos that the paparazzi got yesterday. There has been article after article posted about Harry and I, including every shot that was taken of us. When I opened twitter this morning, I also found a simple 'Helaina' trending, although I didn't bother clicking on it because I already knew what it would be about.

I'm pulled from my thoughts by the sudden ringing of my phone. Glancing to where it lays on my bathroom bench, I find Cora's name flash on the screen.

I mentally groan but answer the call anyway.

"Hello." I say, my voice lacking all emotion as it always does when I'm speaking with her.

"Get over here," She growls and I already know she's referring to her office that I'm apparently supposed to be at soon. "We're meeting Harry and Jeff in 20 minutes. Hurry up." I don't even have time to respond because she hangs up without another word.

I place my phone back on the bench and begin getting ready for this meeting that I'm only just being told about.

. . .

I walk into Cora's office 8 minutes late. All three head shoot up to me as I arrive, but it's only two of them that give me a welcoming smile. Cora's eyes glance up and down at my appearance that consists of a graphic tee, denim jeans and wet hair that I didn't have time to dry. She doesn't look anywhere near satisfied with my look or my tardiness.

"If you're going to complain about my time of arrival, don't." I simply say. I take a seat two away from hers purposefully because I'm not in any mood to be dealing with her today. But having said that, I never am.

"Are we here to talk about the articles?" Harry asks.

"Yeah, there's also something else we want to-"

"No," Cora snaps, cutting Jeff off entirely and shooting him an unamused look. I glance over to him giving him an expression to silently say sorry, but he just sends me a small smile and shrugs it off. I don't know why but I always feel like it's my responsibility to apologies for her words and actions. "There's nothing to say about the articles other than that we got what we wanted."

"In that case, you've just discussed them." I inform her. She shoots her head over to me, narrowing her eyes and giving me a glare at my sass.

"Harry," She begins sternly, ignoring my last comment that was probably for the better. By the sound of her voice you'd think she's about to scold you, but I know far too well now that that's just her usual controlling voice. "You've been asked to perform whatever that song of yours is on Saturday Night Live." She adds, but before she can continue Harry speaks.

"Sign of the Times." He tells her.

"I don't care what it's called." She says bitterly. I look over to Harry and by the way he shifts uncomfortably in his seat, I can tell he's not happy with her words. But he doesn't say anything, most likely because he doesn't want to piss her off. "Elaina, you will be going along with him to the show in New York." I'm slightly surprised by her words because I didn't think that we needed to be seen out with each other to this extent. I can tell that if she has us being seen together this often, everyone is bound to notice that two people who prefer their life private are suddenly being seen together whenever there are paparazzi around.

I look over to Harry, hoping to work out how he feels about this. But he hasn't said anything. He's pinching his lip between his forefingers and his eyebrows are knitted together.

"When is it?" I ask.

"The show is in three days," Jeff answers and I slowly nod my head at his words. "But you and Harry will be flying over the night before and staying in a hotel together so Harry's able to get a decent amount of sleep before the show." He adds and my eyes widen.

"Wait together?" I echo. My question grabs the attention of Harry who looks over to Jeff. I know that there will be paparazzi at the airport waiting to get photos, but I'm pretty sure they're not going to be waiting in a hotel room for us. 

"We've booked separate rooms, it's ok." Jeff chuckles and a wave of relief washes over me.

"Not that it should matter." Cora buts in after being silent for probably the longest amount of time I've ever seen. My eyes narrow at her unsympathetic self.

"It kind of does matter," Harry cuts her off before she can speak. I look over to him to see he is frowning now and has sat up straighter in his chair. His eyes are focused on Cora only. "If either Elaina or I were uncomfortable sleeping in the same bed, let alone the same room, then it matters all the way." He adds.

"You both signed a contract to do as I say, so whether you're comfortable or not, I frankly don't care." I can tell now by the look on her face that she's getting angry, and angry Cora is one you don't want to deal with. I can also tell Harry wants to say something back, but instead he closes his mouth without another word. "Good, now that you're on board, it's settled. The two of you will fly over to New York in two days, the paparazzi will be there waiting for you both and Harry, you can perform that song of yours."

A.N Ok so this chapter wasn't really that exciting at all so I'm sorry. But the next chapter is going to be sooo much better :)