Chapter 3 - Resilience at Cang Qiong Mountain

"Binghe," Shen Qingqiu sighed. He fanned his fan while hiding the bottom half of his face behind it. His other hand held his sword, Xiuya tightly, pointing it at the fierce corpse in front of him. "Make sure to stay behind. Shizun will protect you."

"Shizun," Luo Binghe had clung to Shen Qingqiu naughtily. "This disciple can take care of himself."

Shen Qingqiu's face turned dark. "Then what are you clinging onto me for?"

Luo Binghe giggled, "This disciple is also protecting Shizun."

Shen Qingqiu closed his fan, about to hit Luo Binghe gently on the head until he was interrupted by the fierce corpse in front of them. "Shizun!" Immediately, Luo Binghe released from Shen Qingqiu's side and slashed his sword, Zhengyang, at the fierce corpse. Surprisingly, it was slightly stuck within the flesh of the fierce corpse, but with a tiny bit more force, he easily cut it in half.

"Shizun, are you okay?" Luo Binghe turned around for praise, but realized that his 'Shizun' was still in battle against another fierce corpse. Feeling frustrated without his Shizun's praise, he gripped tighter on the Zhengyang sword before helping him out.

Unfortunately, before Luo Binghe could show off, someone else had already arrived to save the day.

The sound of a flute rang across the mountain. Within an instant, all the fierce corpses were rendered motionless, not a sound escaping from their throat. "What's happening...?" Shen Qingqiu gently poked the fierce corpse in front of him.

"Could it be..." Luo Binghe examined. Did that Yiling Patriarch actually tell the truth about controlling fierce corpses?

"Need some help?" Wei Wuxian jumped down to Luo Binghe's side, with Chengqing twirled around his finger.

"We need none." Luo Binghe scowled, but then Shen Qingqiu piped up, "Yes, please."

They stared at each other. "Yes," Luo Binghe added, but Shen Qingqiu said, "We need none."

The pair of Master and disciple, "..."

Wei Wuxian shrugged, "Oh well, it's not like you guys have a choice."

After his remark, Wei Wuxian brought Chengqing to his lips, then blew a steady but raspy breath into it. A melodious tune trailed out of it, penetrating into everyone's ears wildly like a suspenseful tiger. Finally, hearing that sound, the fierce corpses began moving once again. But this time, their attacks were directed at each other. Shen Qingqiu let out a breath of relief, so this is the power of the Yiling Patriarch!

By the time the tune stopped playing from the flute, all the fierce corpses on the front were completely demolished. Luo Binghe let out an unsatisfied whistle. "Wow... what great skills." He dully exclaimed, still upset over the fact how he couldn't show off to his Shizun.

"Yeah." Shen Qingqiu almost collapsed on the floor.

Hearing his Shizun's agreement, Luo Binghe was more angry. Shizun... you're not supposed to agree with me!

"It's not over yet." Wei Wuxian brought the two possessive couple back to the present, tucking Chengqing underneath his waist band. "There are... demons I suppose?" He squinted his eyes at the bloody mess in front.

Disciples/cultivators of Cang Qiong Mountain (Qing Jing Peak) would ruthlessly slash their swords at the demons, however, the demons struck faster and more agilely. The Qing Jing Peak disciples couldn't stand a chance! Eventually, they were all down on their last breaths, leaning against their swords for balance as they wobbled from the blood loss.

The despicable colour of blood had painted over the once-doting leaves.

The sight had sickened Shen Qingqiu to the core.