I'm Sorry

Sukara had decided to get up after Korra left. After laying in a bed for two days she wanted to at least walk around the room. As she moved though, her body was full of aches and pains. Katara did what she could to heal everything but she had only had a couple of days and they weren't finished yet so the discomfort was to be expected. She was lucky she could walk after the damage the lightening could have caused. She was lucky it hadn't gone through her heart.

She was stood in front of the dresser, facing the mirror when Kuvira came in.

"You never were one to stay still longer than you had to," she smiled after seeing that Sukara wasn't still in bed like she had expected her to be, "how are you feeling?"

"I'm fine," Sukara mumbled as she went to remove the bandage from her arm.

"Don't," Kuvira said, placing her hand gently on top Sukara's, "Katara said to put the hand wrap on when you woke up, she didn't want it to be uncomfortable."

Kuvira took Sukara's hand and wrapped the bandage around the scared area on her hand.

"It might not heal properly," Kuvira's voice was soft as she tucked in the end of the bandage to secure it, "you took quite the hit. You've got to rest while you heal."

"No, I--" Sukara started but Kuvira looped her arms around her waist and placed a kiss on Sukara's cheek.

"Don't worry," Kuvira smiled, hugging Sukara from behind and putting her chin on her shoulder, "I can be right here with you."

Sukara nodded with a small smile. She didn't feel tired anymore but the idea of just laying in bed with Kuvira felt very comforting to her.

Kuvira let go and crossed the room to get out of her coat and outdoor clothes. Removing her top, she revealed a large bruise on her spine. Sukara's eyes widened at the sight of it. She made her way, slowly, towards her.

"That was me?" Sukara asked, reaching out and touching the edge of the bruise.

"No, that wasn't you," Kuvira told her, turning to stop her looking at it, "don't do that to yourself."

"I'm sorry," Sukara almost whispered, the fear and guilt in her heart building as she thought back to the fight. The image of her throwing Kuvira back into the trees, searing itself into her brain.

"You're forgiven," Kuvira said, brushing her finger through Sukara's loose hair, "I don't blame you."

There wasn't much Kuvira could say but, she could see in Sukara's eyes that she didn't believe her. Cupping Sukara's face, Kuvira brought her closer and kissed her.

"I love you," Kuvira said softly, pressing their foreheads together.

"I love you too."

"Go lay down," Kuvira told her, as she let go of Sukara's face. She turned and grabbed her night shirt from the chair. She slipped it on as she followed Sukara to the bed.

Kuvira climbed in after Sukara and pulled her close. Sukara rested her head on her girlfriend's chest, with Kuvira's arms around her, holding her tight.

Her mind racing as she began to drift off again. It's over now. She kept forcing the thought through her head. It's over now. That wouldn't happened again. She wouldn't let it.