vii

[ s e v e n ]

"Seriously, she just almost died and all she cares about is who won!"

"Oh I just can't wait until Jenny comes here! She's going to absolutely adore it!" Christy gushed, her eyes wide in awe

"Oh I just can't wait until Jenny comes here! She's going to absolutely adore it!" Christy gushed, her eyes wide in awe. Hogsmead was decorated with tiny twinkling fairy lights, a thin sheet of snow dusting the ground and robes of shops. It looked truly magical.

"Jenny's your sister right?" Dorcas asked.
"Yep! She's coming to Hogwarts next year, I can't wait! I'm going to show her everything! I'll sneak her out of the one eyed witch passage, and bring her to honey dukes and buy her all the sweets she can dream of! Then i'll take her to Zonko's, oh she'll love it there, I just know it! Then, then-" she rambled excitedly.

"Calm down would you! Marlene laughed, cutting her trail short.

"Oh come on girlies, let's go to the three broomsticks ay?" Alice suggested.

"Butterbeer! I can't wait to buy Jenny some butterbeer! Oh it's going to be wonderful!" Christy began once again, exclaiming frantically.

[ ✦ ]

"Right you lot!" James yelled over the howling wind and rain, "Lovely weather for a spot of Quidditch ay!" he joked, sending a wave of chuckles through the rest of the shivering team. "Okay so, first match of the season, Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff. Now, never underestimate the badgers, but if you must know, our skills will outsmart them any day of the week. This doesn't mean we get to slack off though, alright!" he cried, straining his voice in order to be heard.

Within minutes, the Hufflepuff team joined them on the pitch and the stands were practically spilling over the edges with students. Of course, Including the Marauders and Co.

Madame Hooch blew her whistle, signalling the start of the match, so all the players kicked hard of the ground, soaring into play. Their brooms were much harder to control in these conditions, not to mention how difficult it is to spot the bludgers in enough time to beat them away from any possible victims. But nevertheless, chasers started scoring, beaters darting round aimlessly, the two opposing seekers hovering above, the keepers scanning the pitch for the chasers, and essentially, the quaffle.

"Watch out Taylor!" Bell shouted, pointing just behind Christy. She spun round, readying her bat, but the rain clouded her vision and her aim was off, causing the bludger to hurtle right into her stomach, knocking the air right out over her lungs. A loud crack resounded through the air, as she yelped in pain, her broom circled wildly as she lost control, before slipping off and plummeting towards the ground at incomprehensible speed.