THIRTY-EIGHT

"If I'm being honest, I haven't thought that I would be so nervous." Taehyung laughs but it seems more forced than genuine.

Jeongguk smiles fondly at his nervous boyfriend who really looks like he could pass out any moment. "Should I drive?" he asks carefully.

Taehyung shakes his head hastily. "God no, I'm nervous yes but it's not that bad." Jeongguk only gives him an unbelieving look.

Taehyung turns his head around and looks at his boyfriend. "You can trust me darling, I'm okay."

Jeongguk nods, still not completely convinced but he lets it slide. He trusts Taehyung and he thinks that the older male has no need to be nervous anyway.

So, he reaches over and takes the other's hand into his, signalling him that he's here and he won't leave him. It's going to be okay.

One would probably think they are about to do something very nerve-racking but in reality they are visiting Jeongguk's parents. For the first time.

Jeongguk told them that he's in a relationship shortly after he and Taehyung got together and since then his mom hasn't stopped asking him when Jeongguk will finally introduce his boyfriend to them.

And so they decided to have dinner together. His mom can't wait to meet Taehyung and Chansol, like she told her son about a hundred times.

At first Taehyung didn't mind that much but as he heard that Jin and Namjoon would be there as well his panic rose a bit.

And now, on their drive to the Jeon's property his nervousness grows from second to second. He just wants to make a good impression on these people.

They are the family of the love of his life, Jeongguk who he wants to marry someday and spend his entire life with. He sees his future in the other's eyes, their future.

Taehyung doesn't even know who he needs to thank for being allowed to have Jeongguk in his life. The man who is like the greatest gift for him. This man pulled him up from the deepest chasm and made his life livable again.

He showed him his son, in some kind of way he gave him Chansol back and he also gave him love. So much love and he wanted nothing in return.

Up to now, Taehyung has no idea how he should ever thank his boyfriend for saving him. There's no way to thank someone for something big like this.

Jeongguk always tells him that it's no big deal but to Taehyung, it is. He doesn't know where he would be if it wasn't for the younger.

Taehyung has everything he needs now - the best boyfriend and a wonderful son, his own family. He couldn't be happier.

And of course, it's still too early but Taehyung knows that he'll ask Jeongguk one day, he'll ask him to marry him. He'll make sure that it's the best day of the other's life. No, he'll make sure that most of the days are great days.

Sure, he can't take away every sadness and every bad day that the younger will have to go through but he'll make it easier for him, he will be there for the other in good and bad times as long as he's alive.

And so it's no surprise that Taehyung wants Jeongguk's family to like him.

After a ride that feels far too short, the three arrive and Jeongguk jumps out of the car immediately and opens the backdoor to get Chansol.

"Tae love, don't worry, you look great. You always do." Jeongguk reassures his boyfriend who's checking himself out in the car window, adjusting his shirt nervously.

"Okay, let's go." Taehyung mumbles and puts an arm around his boyfriend as they make their way upwards to the front door of the cozy house.

Chansol blinks tiredly, brown eyes looking at Jeongguk who carries him safely in his arms. The baby has already slept a bit inside the car and he only woke up because of their arrival at the house.

They ring the bell after Taehyung whined that he can't just walk in without ringing as he's here for the first time and he wants Jeongguk's parents to think the best of him.

As they walk inside the living room, in front of Jeongguk's parents as well as his brother and Namjoon, Taehyung seems pretty stiffly what changes pretty soon as Jeongguk's mom pulls him into a big hug.

After a short introduction, Taehyung already feels so welcomed. "Ohhh and this is Chansol?" Mrs Jeon asks with wide eyes, looking at the baby in her son's arms. "He's so cute."

"Do you want to hold him?" Taehyung asks with a small smile and Jeongguk's mother nods immediately.

And like that is Chansol carried by everyone around the table for at least one time, making everybody fall in love with him.

Two hours later, he's sleeping peacefully in Jeongguk's arms, snuggling against the man's chest. Jeongguk slowly strokes the baby's back with his thumb.

Taehyung is immersed in a conversation about football with Jeongguk's dad. They seem to get along very well. A bit too well if you'd ask Jeongguk. He doesn't really like football but he knows that his dad and his boyfriend will talk about that everytime they meet now.

They even like the same team which gives Taehyung about hundred plus points.

But Jeongguk can't help but feel tired, listening to two football fanatics on the left side and to a not more interesting conversation about plants on the right.

"Tae?" he asks, leaning forward to his boyfriend. It doesn't take long until Taehyung turns his attention to him, looking at his boyfriend qestioningly.

"Can we go home? Chansol's sleeping already and me and my arms are tired as well."

Taehyung presses a longing kiss on the younger's forehead. "Of course and you can give Chansol to me so that your arms can rest for a bit."

"Thank you." Jeongguk speaks, as he hands Chansol over.

And like promised, the three leave soon after along with Jin and Namjoon.

"Soo there really was no need to be nervous. Everyone in your family is so nice." Taehyung says softly in order to prevent Chansol from waking up.

"Yeah, they all love you. Even Jin and he was always a bit skeptical about me being in a relationship. Protective older brother you know."

Taehyung chuckles at that. "Glad to hear that I passed the test."

"I love you, Tae." Jeongguk speaks honestly, feeling the need to tell him somehow.

"And I love you too." Taehyung answers, kissing the younger's hand.

"You can sleep too if you want there's no need to stay awake." Taehyung offers but Jeongguk only shakes his head. "It's okay, I'm not tired anymore."

Suddenly a gasp fills the silence in the car. "Are you alright?" Taehyung chuckles at Jeongguk's loud sound.

"Yeah I- oh my god Tae.. can I meet up with Hobi today? He says he has ordered pizza and we could watch a few movies. Would it be okay for you?"

"Of course, darling. Should I drop you off there?" Taehyung offers, glancing over to his boyfriend.

"Oh no, there's no need to. I'll drive over on my own. I'll be back no later than 1am." Jeongguk assures him with a smile.

"Okay but take care then okay? And call me if you're too tired to drive."

Jeongguk chuckles and presses a kiss to Taehyung's cheek as he can't reach anything else from his position. "Of course my overprotective bear."

And Taehyung laughs lovingly, not knowing that this night will cost him a lot of strength.