❆ 𝟏𝟐. 𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐝

𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐝 (𝐚𝐝𝐣

𝐂𝐨𝐥𝐝 
(𝐚𝐝𝐣.) ; 𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠; 𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥.

Yukime looked with her pink-tinted lips parted as she couldn't continue to hold in her tears then. She was unsure of how she should go about with the current situation, for it was breaking her apart. She felt responsible somehow, given how she was the tsuguko of the Snow Hashira.

Many times did her Master go through such remarks whenever she returned home from a mission. Many times did others told her to leave, or just die, telling her that she had no place in the Demon Slayer Corps nor the world as well.

For she was a monster. A monster destined to take the innocent lives of others. Yet, some were accepting of her, like the Hashiras. Along with Tanjiro and his friends, and the girls at the Butterfly Estate.

But, seeing her Master all beaten down made her heart ached as she took a step forward, hearing her Master trying her best to silently sob. She watched as her Master was covering her face with her hands, hoping that it would silence her.

Yet, she could still hear those tears falling from her face.

"Master?" Yukime silently called out and watched as she quickly wiped her face and cleared her throat, turning to look at her and flashing her that gentle smile she had always looked up upon whenever she felt sad.

"Yes?" she asked, her voice cracking a little.

"Are you alright?" she asked, getting straight to the point as [name] tilts her head just a little to comprehend what her tsuguko had just said and her pink-tinted lips curled up a little wider then.

"Yes, I'm alright," she spoke out as she turned to look out of the patio, where the night sky was full of stars. The wind was cold for the night, which [name] was rather thankful for as she spread her arms out, allowing the wind to engulf her.

"Really?" Yukime asked as she sat next to her and grabbed hold of her cold hand in her warm ones, and [name] laughed softly, nodding her head just a little then as she turned to look at her tsuguko once more.

"Yes, I'm fine. Nothing can bring me down," she spoke out, and Yukime decided not to probe any further, knowing that if she did, her Master would continue to lie and keep a strong front. Like how she always does despite telling others not to do so.

Yukime looked straight into [name]'s pair of light blue eyes, and she mentally frowned. She noticed something was off about them, somehow it felt like she was staring into nothing but a blank canvas despite the smile on her face.