12: This Chapter Is Just A Cockblocking Montage (And Bert Isn't Even In It)

Gabe Saporta was always a particularly spectacular asshole, but he really did seem to be outdoing himself today: Gerard had only arrived at theatre ten minutes ago, and the asshole had already made at least six snide comments in his direction.

It certainly looked like someone didn't get laid last night.

Well, not that the world famous virgin, Gerard Way, did either, but whatever, there was a point here, somewhere, probably, hopefully.

Needless to say, the fact that Gerard was wearing a dress wasn't exactly improving things, and he couldn't help but watch as Gabe practically burned holes in his skin with his eyes throughout the entirety of the rehearsal, and even to the point that he was dreading the break, when Gabe wasn't safely frozen into role and was allowed to say whatever he wanted to poor old Gerard Way, who had resorted to hiding in the toilets, which really did backfire because they only had one cubicle and it was occupied, although he could probably pass as a woman like this.

Perhaps it would just take a few minutes of air and space to himself to be okay, and maybe he'd be fine, and maybe Gabe wouldn't ruin his life today, and maybe everything would be totally fine, except then, the door opened, and Gerard's whole world split in two.

"Gerard?" He jumped a little at the voice: definitely not Gabe, but suspicious nonetheless, but whatever, they'd seen him already, and he turned to face a relatively short guy with ginger hair and glass - Patrick, or something. He knew him, but only vaguely.

"Yeah?" Gerard asked, his voice quavering, and letting Patrick beckon him out of the bathroom and into the hallway, nearly tripping on the goddamn dress in the process, of course.

"Gabe needs to talk to you - I know you hate him and stuff, but please, he means well, maybe an apology or something, but he told me that it's important you meet him in the changing rooms like right now." And Patrick was sincere as hell, but suspicious as fuck, and Gerard's heart was beating in double time as he found curiosity getting the better of him.

"Like fuck I'm going to do that." Gerard rolled his eyes, making his way around Patrick and his way down the corridor with the intentions of ignoring the situation completely, but before he knew anything at all, he was being pulled behind a door, and of course it was none other than Gabe fucking Saporta, and Gerard knew nothing like the fact that he was going to get punched in the face within the next ten seconds.

"What the fuck- Gabe? I... just fucking leave me alone - I don't want any trouble and I just don't want to deal with you and this mess-" And needless to say, that was just not a sentence that Gabe allowed Gerard to finish.

"Look, I just need to talk to you- I... I've been a dick, and this is an apology, sort of, but not really... it's just... I'm not sorry, but there's a reason, Gerard, and I'm surprised that you just don't fucking know it yet." Gabe sighed aloud, pulling away from Gerard and letting him stand alone without being pinned up against the wall rather uncomfortably.

"Gabe, what are you even talking about - just leave me alone, please." And Gabe shook his head, because he couldn't.

"You look good in a dress, you know that, don't you?" Gabe sighed out, trailing off and leaving Gerard more confused than he ever had been before. "You always look good. You know. And it's fucking annoying. I fucking hate you." And as Gabe let out a pathetic little gasp of a laugh, Gerard finally put the pieces together and he did so in the worst way, but he did so in the right way.

"Gabe... please don't... I can't-"

"You're a faggot and I'm a guy and I hate how good you look." Gabe sighed out, pulling away and shaking his head: regret, because this wasn't working and Gerard didn't care and he didn't want to be that guy, even though he kind of already was. "I'm such a dick to you because I just can't deal with that."