「 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 」

"𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞,"

"𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞,"

those words ran through his ears as he watched her having a sad smile on her face. Her feet starting to burn off as the sunlight reaches them first, and he could feel his heart pounding hard against his chest.

"[NAME]!" he yelled out as he grabbed hold of his mismatched haori, running over to her quickly as Kanae appeared behind her with a syringe in her hand. Without a delay did she inject it quickly on the side of her neck as the burning continued.

He ran over, haori in his hand as he wrapped it around her body, carrying her in his arms as he quickly took off running to seek for shelter. His heart pounding hard against his chest as he felt her cold body against his.

"Please, stay with me," he whispered out and felt [name] shifting in his arms.

"No, don't go to sleep," he whispered out once more as he watched her eyes slowly shut and he could feel her body going limp in his hold. His lips trembled as he managed to find some sort of shelter in the alleyway, and he leaned against the wall.

Sliding down as he held her in his arms still as her body no longer moved. Her heart no longer pumping as her eyes remained shut.

His dark blue hues could only widen then as her feet were still slowly burning off.

"[name]... I can't lose you too... No... No..." he whispered out.

"Tomioka-san...?" Kanae whispered out as the Hashiras who could still move gathered in the alleyway and they watched as he broke down. Kanae's eyes widened as she realized what had happened as she lowered her head.

Mitsuri buried her face against Obanai's shoulders, whereas Shinobu could only hold onto Kanae. Their eyes filled with nothing but tears as they watch her, slowly disappearing.

The lower-ranked demon slayers dropped their nichirin blades as they got on their knees. Bowing as their forehead touches the ground, for they whispered nothing but apologies into the air.

He stood in the middle of the courtyard, looking up to the sky where the snow was gently raining upon them. His hand stretched out as his palm faced up, allowing the snow to gently fall against his warm skin.

His lips parted as he let out a shaky breath, and soon he let out a sigh as he heard footsteps coming from behind him. He turned to look, noticing how Kanae, Sanemi and Obanai were present behind him, each with something in their hands.

He slowly nodded his head and they could only force some smiles on their faces as they proceeded to follow him, walking down a particular pathway that was now covered in nothing but the snow.

"How are you feeling?" Kanae asked in a soft voice.

"I'm alright," Giyuu answered, whereas Sanemi and Obanai decided to remain silent as they continued to walk through the winter wonderland of the forest, heading towards an estate that was all too familiar to them.