Fairytale AU part 2

(Part 2 - Into the Dragon Tamer)

Andy's POV~

I awoke to find myself in the same place as I last knew. I was inside a room made by Father Red. It was brighter than it was last night in here, likely meaning that it's now morning.

I waited for my eyes to adjust to the brightness of my surroundings. I look down to see a familiar arm wrapped around me. I look back and see Vernon's arm, hugging me close to him. His grip was tight, even when he was sleeping.

I looked around me to see if I could find anything to replace my spot. Unfortunately, there was nothing I could find. I feel something scrape against my leg. I look down and see the large, fluffy tail of my captor. It was risky, but it was all I could find.

Reaching down carefully, I lightly grabbed his tail and was somehow able to replace myself with it. Thankfully, he didn't wake up. I walked around and saw a slim opening of the door. Father Red must've opened it while he slept. Going over to the hole, I just barely managed to  squeeze myself through. As I got out, I could hear the voice again. "Andrew..."

I sigh and knew I had to follow it. Maybe then I could sleep peacefully at home, knowing I found who was calling my name. One thing's for sure, it was definitely closer than last time. I guess that means Vernon unintentionally got me closer to it. I start walking away until I hear the sound of scratching from behind me.

I look back and see Vernon trying to get out of that hole, but he's too big. I could hear him shout in a loud, scary, and commanding voice "ANDY GET BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!!! I WILL NOT LET YOU GET AWAY FROM ME!" I backed up as he continued to try and get through the hole. It was then I noticed the roots of trees coming towards me. I knew I had to run.

I start running in a direction that I felt was closer to the voice. I look behind me to see the tree roots all coming for me. I continue to run as fast as I can. I look up ahead and find a cave. I certainly hope no bears are there. I had no choice, so I ran into the cave. As soon as I do, I noticed the roots still following me, but before they could get in, a big fire blast that came from nowhere blasted at them, burning them to a crisp.

They retreated and I looked up and saw a dragon. Okay, I would've been fine with a bear now. It roared in my direction and I got scared backing up. I see a dark figure jump off its back. "Easy there, Inferno." The dragon seemed to calm down after it said that. I gulp nervously as the figure approached me. When it gets close enough, I could see a furred creature once again. This time, it had short grey fur, black stripes on its back and long hair.

It held its hand out to me. "Are you okay? I'm sorry about him, he isn't too kind to strangers." I gulp nervously and nod. I grab his hand and he pulls me up. I sigh in relief. "Thank you. And I'm alright, thank you." He nods his head and looks around me. "That's a relief." I nod in agreement and he wraps his arm around my shoulders and guides me more into the cave. "Here, you should rest a bit. And maybe explain to me what happened." I nod my head as he takes me to a fireplace, but without a fire.

He takes in a deep breath and a small flame forms in his hand. He guides the flame to the fireplace and the fireplace ignited quickly. "Wow, Fire magic." He nods. "It was a gift from my family line. We were blessed with fire magic when an ancestor of mine saved a dragon." I nod my head. "That's amazing." He nods his head again. "Inferno here is an ancestor of that dragon. Ever since then, my family dedicated their time to become dragon tamers."

I nod my head again. "So that's why he listens to you. You tamed him." He nods his head. "Yeah, I also tame dragons that go on a rampage. They don't stay with me, but it's nice knowing I make a new friend every time I do."