(1)

I think we can all agree we were robbed of this friendship
.
.
.
.

Kuroo's POV

"Yeah ok whatever you say." Sugawara scoffed at Oikawa as he just rolled his eyes. The three of us were on our way home from school that Friday when Oikawa brought up another boy he was obsessing over.

"What I really don't get a new crush every week!" Oikawa argued back angrily, even he can't believe that lie, right? I swear Suga and I hear about a new boy every day.

"Pfft." I tried to hold back my laugh but I couldn't seem to contain it.

"What are you laughing at! At least I don't deny the fact I'm gay." Oikawa crossed his arms and smirk at me, seeming proud of his comment. Now it was my turn to roll my eyes.

"I'm not gay Oikawa."

"Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of your internalized homophobia." Oikawa cupped his hand over his ear as if he was trying to hear me better. Suga was laughing his ass off at this point.

"You know..." Suga said in-between laughs. "He's... not... wrong." He clutched his side still laughing as hard as before. If one more thing happened he'd probably fall over and cry his eyes out from laughter. Most people think Oikawa's the dramatic one but Suga takes things pretty far too. Suddenly Suga's stomach growled, he stopped laughing and looked down. "Anyone up to get some ramen?" He asked pulling out his wallet and checking how much money he had.

"Sure." I agreed feeling rather hungry myself.

"Nah I gotta get home, you guys have fun though." He waved and walked ahead of us to the subway station. Oikawa almost never comes out with us after school though so I don't know what we expected.

Suga and I headed to a small ramen shop close to school that we came to quite often. We came here so often in fact that the shop owner new us by name and we even got a discount. I preferred places like this since it's less crowded and easier to talk too whoever your with.

"So how do you think it'll play out?" Suga asked me, although I didn't know what he was talking about.

"Huh?"

"Oikawa and this new guys he's crushing over. How long you think it'll last?" He cleared up what he meant. Suga didn't really care about Oikawa's love life but he was a bit drawn towards the drama.

"I'm not sure he does seem a bit different this time, I'll give it 2 weeks rather than 1." Suga laughed at my joke and we went on joking about Oikawa's many crushes. "Who even is it?" I asked at one point still unsure since he never gave us a name.

"Not sure he didn't say although I'm sure we'll hear about it tomorrow." It's strange for Oikawa to not mention who his latest crush is, usually he does and we make fun of him. Maybe he got tired of that, or maybe he just forgot to say who can tell. "Although if he's anything like the last guy I'll beat the shit out of him." Oikawa's last crush was a guy in our grade who was, let's say less then accepting. In the end Oikawa ended up with a bloody nose and a busted lip, and the other guy ended up a black eye courtesy of Suga. While Suga loves drama and annoying Oikawa and I he won't sit still if someone tries to mess with us. Being gay isn't widely accepted here and while there are a few people who are open about it, many get ruthlessly bullied for it. Oikawa doesn't seem to really care about others opinions of him, at least that's how he appears, so he went ahead and asked the guy out. In the end he seemed pretty shaken up about it, I felt really bad.

"I'll join you in that." Suga smiled and so did I. The thought of us beating up a homophobe was very pleasing to him. I think Suga felt a little personally attacked too since I'm pretty sure he's questioning himself, although he hasn't said anything to us so I won't assume.

Eventually we finished our meals and decided to go our separate ways since Suga had a test on Monday he wanted to start studying for. I, on the other hand, wasn't exactly racing to go home plus it's not like they'd notice if I didn't show. Instead I found myself wondering aimlessly around the streets of Tokyo looking for something, anything to entertain me. By now it was about 5 pm and since it was the middle of winter the sun was beginning to set. I continued to walk around for about 30 minutes until snow began to fall. It wasn't the first time it snowed this season and the ground was already coated with a small layer from yesterday, however, this time it was fell rather hard and fast. I should probably find somewhere to wait it out. I look around before a rather large building caught my eye, I believe it was a public ice skating rink. Meaning theirs probably a little cafe, maybe I'll get a hot chocolate.

I entered the building which was packed, the ice rink was almost filled. Even the cafe was packed. Luckily I was able to get a hot chocolate with minimal wait. I don't really want to sit here though with all these people. I looked around for a quieter place to sit when I noticed a sign for rink 2. I didn't know this place had two rinks. I'm not sure if people are allowed back there but I don't see any signs saying so and the door is open so why not. I entered the corridor, which was surprisingly empty, and followed it until I was met with another set of glass doors.

At first I thought it was empty so I entered and made my way towards the spectator seats. However, as I reached the seating I noticed there was one person out on the rink. They didn't seem to notice me and I don't see the harm in sitting and watching for a bit. They were doing some rather cool jumps and spins so I figured they must figure skate. This rink is probably a private one, it doesn't look like it gets used as much as the public one does.

I sat in the top row drinking my hot drink while the person on the rink skated. I couldn't exactly make out any defining features about them, not even their gender, but I was able to notice their blonde hair wasn't natural. I could see the brown roots growing in at the top. Every know and then they'd fall but quickly get back up and try again. It was really... pretty if that makes sense. Just they way they glided across the ice, jumped, and spun everything about it looked pretty. I was stuck watching the person skating in the rink below me. I'm not sure when it happened but eventually the figure stopped moving and glanced I my direction.

"What are you doing here?" They asked looking away quickly.

"Oh I- Uh..." I wasn't exactly sure if I was even allowed to be back here, but then again no one said I couldn't. "You're really good." I decided complimenting them would be better then trying to explain why I wondered in here and watched a random person skate for almost 20 minutes straight on a Friday night.

"...Thanks." They spoke quietly I could barely hear them with our distance. Soon enough the mystery figure skater began to make their way towards the exit.

"Done already?" I asked trying to not sound disappointed, I was enjoying watching them skate.

"I uh... don't really like skating with an audience." I noticed now that the person didn't really look at me when they spoke, instead keeping their gaze towards the ground. Maybe I'm looking into things too much.

"Oh sorry," I laughed and began to make my way out of the seating area and down towards the rink entrance. "Don't worry about me I'll be heading out then." I began to make my way towards the exit when I stopped, if I leave now I'll never figure anything out about the mystery skater. Would I be ok with that? As random as it may seem I was kind of intrigued by them. "What's your name?" I asked turning back towards the person. They lifted their head up but kept their eyes away from me. This was the first time I could actually see their face and I could now tell that they were a boy.

"Kozume... Kenma." I smiled at the quiet boy who said his name barely above an audible whisper.

"Kuroo Tetsuro." I waved and made my way back towards the exit. "See you later." With that I left the second rink and began my slow walk back home.

.
.
.
.
(1498 words)
So I'll probably jump into like the drama right away since I don't have much build up planned for this book so enjoy the fluff while it lasts...