Chapter 35 : My Wife Is A Genius

A/N~~:Everyone! If you find any grammer or spelling mistake, I'll really appreciate it if you can point it out! Thank you~

Yao Mingli and Lai Ruolan were taken to be sent away for their punishment. The Emperor excused both Su Ying and Yusheng taking in the incident that happened.

When Yusheng and Su Ying were about to get in the carriage, they were approached by General Chen. General Chen said,

"Yusheng, you do know that your aunt didn't mean bad. She can never hurt you, right? She's the Empress... She can't let her emotions drive her... What happened was needed to happen in order to weaken the Yao family... We can't be soft hearted."

Yusheng looked at his uncle with a shocked expression before going back to his usual expressionless face. He couldn't believe what his Uncle was saying.

He was thinking about letting things go for their familial bond but then his Uncle said something like that. Maybe he was the only one who thought that they were a family.

Yusheng sneered, "Uncle Chen, I agree to the fact that it's needed to weaken the Yao family so that Qin Junqing can smoothly ascend the throne. But is it needed to sacrifice my wife or child for that person?

The Empress is the mother of the nation. It is her responsibility to make sure the well-being of her citizens, not to sacrifice an innocent person for her selfish desire.

Uncle, all these years, I've fought in the front line with the intention to give up my life for the nation if needed. I was living... But not living at the same time. Now that I have a family, I understand the true meaning of life. Trust me, I've never been so happy and content. And I'll never let anyone destroy my happiness by hurting my family.

Uncle, I've become selfish. And so, I can't further be involved with the Empress as I will never sacrifice my wife or child for what she wants to do. But I do wish that she can achieve her mission."

General Chen said with a surprised expression,

"What are you talking about Yusheng? Don't you want to take revenge for your mother? He died unjustly Yusheng! You can't be unfilial!"

Yusheng sneered,

"Unfilial? If not for the fact that I am filial to my mother, I wouldn't be still talking so nicely to you all. As for getting revenge for my mother, I can do that myself.

I've always wondered. How could a family as strong as yours can't get revenge for my mother for so long? Now that I think about it, maybe you all never intended to serve justice for him?

Sigh... I don't want to talk about that. Uncle, I think it's time for us to part our ways. Please take care.

Let's go, Su Ying."

Forget General Chen, even Su Ying himself was surprised with his husband's attitude. But he also knew that Yusheng was suffering and was feeling guilty for him and their baby. He was sad and Su Ying couldn't bear to see his hubby sad.

As they got into the carriage, Su Ying directly sat on his hubby's lap and hugged his neck.

"It's alright, hubby. I'm here for you, baby is here too. We'll always be by your side. So keep earning more and more and feed us lots of delicious things, ok? Love you! Chu~"

Yusheng smiled as he hugged Su Ying back. What was the point of being sad? He needed to be strong. He had such a big and adorable glutton in his house. And only the God who choked Su Ying to death knows how many more glutton will they have in the future. He needed to keep earning more ah...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One week after the incident, the pair of husband and wife were invited to the Li mansion. Yusheng wanted to refuse but Su Ying thought that it was okay to go and see what kind of curry the Li's wanted to cook.