chapter fourteen

The Black Bulls were having a relaxing day at the beach

The Black Bulls were having a relaxing day at the beach. Or at least, Asuna was trying to relax. She was laying down on her blue blanket with Happy, trying to tan. As for the rest of the Black Bulls, they were all over the place. Luck has lit Magma making them both start running. Gauche was building a statue of his sister. 

As Asuna continued to mentally check off that everyone was there she realized that Noelle was missing from the scene. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, allowing her body to fill with mana. 

She opened her eyes and her vision had changed. Instead of seeing people, she now saw the mana in their body. 

With this new trick Happy taught her during training, it didn't take Asuna long to find Noelle heading behind a tree. She glanced over at Happy who was in a mini chair Asuna made out of leaves. She poked him lightly to wake him up making him groan. 

"Leave me alone" He mumbled. Asuna rolled her eyes at him before picking him up and placing him in the pocket of her shirt. If she left him there, he surely would be picked or stepped on. 

"Noelle?" Asuna questioned as she approached the girl. Noelle's cheeks were burning red. It wasn't hard for Asuna to piece it together. "Are you hiding because you don't want Asta to see you in your bikini?" She paused to gauge Noelle's reaction. "Or you do want him to see you?"

"Tch. Why would I care if Asta sees me or not? I'm a royal." Asuna gave Noelle a small smile. "Right. Just go up to him and start a conversation. I'm sure it'll be fine" 

"Are you not uncomfortable in your bikini?" Asuna looked down at her attire. She wore a simple white bikini. "No, not really." She placed her hands gently on Noelle's back and gave her a slight push towards Asta before going over to Gauche. 

"No offense, Gauche, but it's kinda, no, it's really creepy how obsessed with your sister you are" In response, Gauche sent her an evil glare. Asuna took the hint and backed off, ignoring how uncomfortable his obsession made her. "Asta, stop yelling! Noelle, be confident! Magma, Luck, stop running around!" Asuna looked beside her to see herself. 

"I do not sound like that, Grey. Stop being me." Grey raised one of her eyebrows in response. Asuna sighed as she realized she proved grey wrong. "Maybe you have a point..." 

Grey gave her a smile before walking to stand behind Asuna. She placed her hands on Asuna's shoulders and led her over to her blanket. "We're at the beach, relax." Asuna debated taking Grey's advice for a moment, before remembering why they were on the beach. 

She shook her head and turned to face Grey. "We're on a mission." 

Asuna looked around the beach, searching for Asta. Her eyes widened as she saw Luck and Magma fighting and Charmy and Gauche chasing Asta who had a watermelon on his head. She watched in fear as all their magic hit one person and he was sent flying into the ocean. 

"I feel like I hit something too." Asuna chopped Asta on the head at his words. "You hit someone, idiot. Also, stop goofing off, we're here on a mission." Asta's eyes went wide as he suddenly remembered why they were there. 

"Hey, gang! We came here to look for a magic stone, didn't we? So, what are you messing around for?" 

Yami appeared behind Asta and kicked him in the back. "Like you're not." 

"Oh, hi, Captain Yami." 

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

The Black Bulls were now all calm and gathered around their captain. Though he had stuffed all fo them under the sand, letting only their neck up out. 

"Okay, you incompetent knuckleheads, listen up. While you were all busy goofin' off, I was out scorin' us some intel. Apparently, the Underwater Sea Temple is beneath the surface of the ocean near here. Unfortunately, the mana-driven currents are too strong so even a skilled mage can't normally get near it. The only time the mana is weak enough to even possibly access it is during a full moon. If ya didn't guess already, the Underwater Temple is on the seafloor. You need magic to get there. So, Noelle. That's where your water magic comes in. We're gonna hitch a ride on it." 

"But sir, I'd need exceptional control over my magic to manage something like that. No, I can't do it. Find somebody else! If you were all relying on me, and I messed up..." Before Asuna could reassure her that she could do it, Yami spoke again. 

"We die. You blow this and that's it for us. We get swallowed by the current and drown. This is a top-secret mission the Wizard King entrusted to the Black Bulls alone. There is no "someone else." It's just you, Noelle. The full moon's a week away. You got till then to learn to control your magic. Push past your limits."

────── {.author's note .} ────── ⊰ 

hey guys, sorry it's been so long since i updated. since i have so many ghost readers on this story, it's hard for me to find the motivation to update. so please, be sure to vote/comment because it'll really makes me wanna write more and keeps me motivated (especially comments). 

also, lots of people have been asking if asuna will have a love interest/suggesting who her love interest should be. so quick psa that asuna will NOT have a love interest and if she does, it'll probably be a girl :)

if you want to read a black clover story that features an oc with a love interest, check out my book Butterfly Effect!! (shameless self-promo)

thank you all so much for reading <333