| o n e |

"i have some bad news." you looked at your roommate, who had just entered the room and placed your phone down on the table. your full attention was now on him, and he scratched his neck nervously. it was still early, and you hadn't even had the chance to drink your coffee yet, so you hoped his bad news weren't devastating news.

"shoot." a small sigh left jeno as he sat down in front of you in your small dining room, and you put your cup of coffee to your lips, mentally preparing yourself for him admitting he had broken something or something along the lines of that.

"i'm moving." okay, you definitely had not expected that, and jeno could see it and hear it as you began coughing up the coffee you had been drinking. you felt his hand pat your back, him reaching over the table to do so. you finished coughing up everything in your body, and you looked at him, all red in the face. "could you repeat that, jeno?"

"i know it's a bit surprising, but i was offered a room in an apartment five minutes from campus." the initial shock had disappeared, and after hearing his explanation, you felt rather happy for him. he currently had to drive 30 minutes to campus, so to shorten it to 5 minutes was a big plus.

at the same time you felt a bit sad, knowing that one of your closest friends from high school was moving out. the two of you were really close in middle school and were close all throughout high school as well. then when the two of you applied to different colleges you feared your friendship ended there. however, when you were offered a two-room apartment, and offered him the one room, and he said yes, everything fell into place again. now he was moving.

"don't look so sad, y/n. our many years of friendship will not be lost just because i move." his hand reached over and pinched your nose, and you slapped his hand away with a small pout of the lips. "i know, i'm just sad. we have so many memories in this small apartment." a small chuckle left him at that. you were right.

he remembers the first time he walked through the small hallway from the front door. there was a small mat and a small rack for your shoes as well as a coat hanger. then when you walked through the hallway you could either go right, into the kitchen, or left, into the living room. the kitchen wasn't too big and had a counter in the middle of it, on top of that it was connected to a small space that the two of you had made your small dining room.

the best memory and at the same time worst memory in the kitchen was when you had accidentally set a stack of paper towels on fire when cooking. he remembers how you panicked and how he, instead of helping, dropped to the floor, laughing so hard his stomach hurt.

"you're thinking about that day where i almost burned down the entire building." you spoke up, already knowing what he was thinking. how you knew was by the way he looked towards your kitchen from his chair while smirking slightly. "it's the first memory i think of." was his response and you let out a sound of acknowledgement.

"i remember the day where you threw up on our carpet in the living room, and we both panicked about the stain." a loud laugh left jeno at that as he nodded. he had been extremely hungover from a party, and the both of you had panicked because of the goddamn stain in your light blue carpet. it took multiple calls to family members and multiple google searches for you to find out how to remove the stain.

"that was chaotic." jeno commented, and you nodded at his words. "and i couldn't dream of sharing those memories with anyone else." the pout was back on your face, and he clicked his tongue before flicking your forehead.

"still, you kinda need a new roommate." this time you clicked your tongue. needed was a strong word, you voiced this to him as well. "yeah, but the rent is too expensive for you to pay by yourself." jeno said, giving you a look, and you let out a small groan as you placed your head on the table. he was right. rent would be a real pain in the ass to pay all by yourself as a rather broke college student. but that meant you now had to start a search for a good and nice new roommate.

"but how am i going to find a new roommate just like that?" you questioned yourself more than him, and jeno shrugged, leaning back into his chair a little bit.

"i don't think it will be hard finding a roommate considering this is a pretty good apartment. not only is it located very close to a lot of things, it's also very well decorated and clean, and the best thing, you're living here." at his words you rolled your eyes, trying to hide how much his words had affected you, but even though you acted like that, the blush on your cheeks gave away how you really felt about his words. a small laugh left jeno as you muttered the word 'simp', and you announced that you would be fetching your laptop from your room before standing up.

you walked through the livingroom and into the hallway which led to the bedrooms. jeno's room was the first room on the right, and if you walked a bit further down the hallway, you'd reach the bathroom on your left. last you'd reach your room.

it didn't take long before you sat down in front of him again, your laptop now placed in front of you. "i don't even know what to do. should i write something public? or should i just reach out to people i know and ask if they know anyone looking for somewhere to stay?" you questioned, looking at jeno. your laptop was still unopened, and your friend let out a small hum.

"well, renjun, the person offering me a room had reached out to people on campus, and it somehow got to me through a few of my friends." jeno told you, and you nodded. reaching out on campus was probably the best idea, and you opened up your laptop. just then a sound was heard from jeno's phone which had been lying on the table. as you were doing whatever on your laptop, jeno read the text he had received from one of his other close friends.

'dude my landlord is such an asshole, and i think i might go with your suggestion of finding some other place to stay. man, he really..-' jeno didn't read the rest of his friend's message, at least not for now, however, he did read the first part, and the invisible light bulb lit up. why hadn't he thought about that before? his friend that texted him was always talking shit about his landlord and on top of that, he was studying at the same college as you were, only a few minutes away from your apartment. it was perfect. or well, almost.

"i think i might have a person who could be interested.." jeno mumbled, quickly texting his friend that he had an idea before looking up at you. at his words your head had snapped away from the screen, and your wide eyes stared at the boy in front of you, silently waiting for him to continue.

it definitely wasn't a person you had been hoping for, but if he got both of you to agree, then both of your problems would be solved, and jeno wouldn't feel too bad about moving. his mission was now to get both of you to agree..

"well, who is it?" there was excitement in your eyes, and jeno gave you a sheepish grin.

"you probably won't love the idea but.. it's jaemin. you know, na jaemin from high school."