But My Cheeri Owls

Aurelia was sitting in the Great Hall at the Ravenclaw table, stealing glances at Regulus every so often as she ate some Cheeri Owls. She would normally be having Pixie Puffs, but ever since the accident in DADA she decided to steer clear of those. Pandora and Xenophilius were chatting a few seats away — having a lovely discussion on wrackspurts whilst Sybill and Aurelia were talking idly to one another about their next classes that they would be having that day. Their discussion was cut short when an obnoxious voice interrupted them.

"What the hell did you do?!"

Severus Snape was fuming at Aurelia; so much that she could practically see smoke coming out of his ears. She gave him a confused look before going back to her conversation. "So, Sybill, how do you feel about our upcoming test on—"

"I'll ask this only one more time. What—did—you—do?!"

Sybill inspected Snape over her thick glasses. "Why is there smoke coming out of your ears?"

Sure enough there was smoke; it wasn't just her imagination after all. "Now do you have any idea as to why that might be?" Snape seethed at Aurelia.

"Why are you asking me?" Aurelia asked. "I didn't do anything... Not that I'm aware of, at least."

"Someone put pepper imps in my food!" Snape exclaimed furiously. "And this 'someone' is you!"

Aurelia gasped in mock hurt. "I wouldn't do such a thing! I'm the sweetest person that has ever graced this Earth and you have the audacity to accuse me? People these days with their stubbornness and low intellect."

"Then who do you think did this?

"I don't know, let me think." Aurelia did a fake concentrating face. "Who do you think?"

"I think," began Snape slowly, "that it was you and your group of 'Marauders' whatever the hell that is."

"A marauder is a robber," stated Aurelia matter-of-factly.

Snape scoffed. "Well it sure does suit you then."

"Well, why else would we be called that? Peter put a lot of effort coming up with the name — you should be more grateful."

"I have nothing to be grateful for—"

"What is going on here?"

Rosier, Mulciber, Avery, and Regulus were by Snape's side, their eyes directed at him. 

"She put pepper imps in my food!" Snape snapped furiously.

 Mulciber looked at him, shrugging. "It kind of suits you."

Aurelia gave him an appreciative nod. "It does, doesn't it?"

"Pepper imps sure do match your soul," Sybill informed him.

Snape diverted his attention towards her. "What?"

"Pepper imps are black — so it matches splendidly."

"I never thought of it that way," said Rosier. "It truly does!"

"I thought you were on my side!" Snape cried out. 

Rosier let out a derisive laugh. "Times change Snape; she's our friend too." Aurelia looked towards him quizzically, but he only smiled in response.

"Isn't she like, I don't know... a blood traitor?"

Regulus laughed. "Weren't you also like, I don't know... a blood traitor?"

"Not anymore. She still is!"

Aurelia sighed, dropping her spoon. "Is this about Lily?"

Snape turned an angry shade of red. "This has nothing to do with her!"

"I'm glad we cleared that all up!" Sybill said cheerily. "Aurelia and I have class though, and we really can't deal with a petulant little lovesick child at the moment. Maybe next time though." 

Sybill forcefully grabbed Aurelia by the hand, dragging her from the table. "But my Cheeri Owls!" she exclaimed mournfully. "Couldn't you have just waited one more second?"

"No," Sybill said sadly, as if she felt just as sorry for the Cheeri Owls as Aurelia. "But if I had we would have witnessed a fighting match between Black and Snape, and I don't know about you but I really can't stand cantankerous boys. They're so dramatic, and for what?"

Aurelia shrugged absently. "True..."

They continued on walking through the halls, until they arrived at Potions. Sybill scrutinized Aurelia, "Is there something going on between you and Black?"

Aurelia visibly panicked. "What do you mean?" 

She gave her a knowing look. "I tend to... foretell things," she said ominously.

"That's a bit... creepy..."

"It depends how you look at it," Sybill said wisely, before opening the door.