The Little Bitch Called the Sorting Hat

Chapter seven; The Little Bitch Called the Sorting Hat
3 POV

"GRYFFINDOR!" The Sorting Hat yelled after a moment of silence.
The girl smiled, and ran to her table.

Stella was nervous. Her name was going to be called any time now. She looked around for familiar face, immediately spotting Draco.

She gave a him a small wave. Stella wasn't sure if they were on good terms. She also didn't know what she did wrong.

He gave her a sly thumbs up.

Stella grinned.

"Stella Holland." The professor said.

On instinct she said, "here!"
Some students looked at her weirdly.  She awkwardly made her way to the front, sitting on the stool.

"Y'all, I better not get a hunchback😭"

"Hm."

"Oh- it talks."

"A fifth year?" The hat questioned.

She frowned, "yeah, what about it."

"Strange."

"And?" She shrugged, "strange people do be the best kinda people."

The sorting hat mumbled to himself. "Witty retorts. Ambition. Bravery...?"

"I- Was that an insult?" Stella made a noise, "stop insulting me, I might fall in love with you."

"You are a different kind of kindness." He said, "all sorts of traits. I can see you have a sensitive heart, you spend most of your nights crying."

"Damn. Expose me then🙂🔫"

"I see. You are a tricky one."

She snorted, "am I tho? I'm so easy."

"You forgive too easily."

"😶"

"Ah, yes."

Stella struggled to keep in her laughter, "bro. That literally does not sound right."

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

Stella jumped, startled from the sudden yell.

A group of students rose up in cheers.

"Bruh. Where do go sit?" She stood, watching a first year stumble into the stool. "Don't worry, he'll go easy on you. Maybe."

She went to the table where all of the kids sporting yellow were sat at. "Stupid Sorting Hat really do be exposing me."

"Hey." The boy she sat next to, gave her a lazy smile. "Cedric Diggory."

"Stella Holland." She attempted to shake his hand, but her own only fell through. "Wow. I've never had that happened to me before."

He laughed quietly, "I'm dead."

"Oh. Me too."

"No, I'm dead. I'm a ghost."

"Oh bruh." A look of realization hit her. "Oh so you're ghost mode."

Cedric nodded, "I died a year ago."

"Do you want to talk about it...?"

He shook his head, "I'm okay. I've accepted it. I'm a ghost for the Hufflepuff's now, they have a portrait of me in the Hufflepuff Common Room."

A hand tapped her shoulder, making Stella turned. "Hi!" The blond girl greeted, "I'm Hannah Abbott."

"Stella."

"So? Do you know why you're just joining? Are you a transfer from one of the other schools?"

"Other?"

Stella flopped her head on the table. "Are we allowed to eat all of this?"

"Once Dumbledore is done with the opening speech, and all of the first years are sorted." Hannah informed.

"And then we can eat all of this?"

"To your heart's content."

She smiled, "that's awesome."

Eli shoved Abraham, "move over. I want to see how she's doing."

"Shut up. Fred, hand me a turkey leg."

"Me too."

"Aren't you still pressedt about your game?"

Leo scowled, "before we do anything else, "let's install a WiFi box."

The twins looked down at them, "what's a WiFi box?"

"A beautiful, wonderful, blessed thing." He whispered. "It'll be an immense help for your pranks."

"Brilliant." Fred murmured.

"How can we do it?" George asked.

Leo, with experience on being the only one with tech skills, smirked. "I can make a homemade one."

"And then we'll help launch the opening prank of the year." Eli quietly laughed evilly.

Abraham shivered, "I'm actually really terrified."

And at that moment, Abraham realized that the combination of the twins and his two friends, was going to be a big disaster.

"And our newest Defense Against the Dark Art-"

"You start making it at the Gryffindor Common Room... We've got a few ideas and products we'd like to try out."

"Fred? George? Who are you talking to?"

"Don't worry about it, baby sis."