Chapter Thirty-Eight

Lunar's POV

Aiden's eyebrows furrowed at Castian's words, but he remained silent. I wanted to ask my questions, but I matched him. I left myself to drown in my thoughts as we seemed to walk for what felt like forever.

A pit was in my stomach. The questions I had were piling up, especially the ones about his mother. When looking at Aiden, he looked grim. It seemed to answer that something bad happened to Castian's mother.

I grew startled at Ozora flicking my forehead, "Earth to Lunar, ya there? Just cause you're space themed it doesn't mean ya gotta go out there."

"I-I'm here," I flushed at him as he wiped the dried blood off my hands. He was gentle with it, making sure to clean it all from my skin and nails, "Wh-What are we doing?"

"Well, first we've gotta get rid of all this blood," Cast seemed different... He seemed like he was in a state of denial. He seemed euphoric. It broke my heart to hear him do a hollow laugh like he was trying to pretend everything was fine, "I don't want to die twice tonight. But I think you'll like what we'll be doing once we're done."

"You say that every time we are going to do stupid shit that could get us killed," I narrowed my eyes at him, a grin forming on his lips as he stripped out of his bloody shirt. As much as I wanted to be concerned, I knew better. He was acting this way for a reason and I need to respect it... As long as he doesn't get us killed... Then, I may kill him.

"And have you ever hated these times?" His head tilted towards me, similar to the way Mr. Lincoln does when he's being Dominant and cocky. He had a spark in his eye that made my heart throb and my stomach flutter, "Be honest, 'Pet,' I won't play nice if ya lie."

"Alright, this is what we're doing tonight, hm?" The air grew tense as my body straightened, the realization of Mr. Lincoln being amused from behind me. With all this, I'd forgotten his presence. I wiggled my jaw as I flattened my hoodie, fixing my sleeves as I mocked his tone. He wanted to play stupid games so I huffed Lethal Injection by Tom Macdonald, settling my nerves as well as insulting him.

"Awe, is this what we're going to do?" Castian teased with a fake pout, a chuckle leaving his throat, "You just going to insult me with your cute little raps? If I wanted a pathetic bitch to play with I'd go get Anth--"

"If I wanted to hear a pathetic bitch talk I'd hang out with Jax. Are you just going to talk all big and bad? Is that what we're doing?" I shot my hand up to his face, snatching his shirt as I pushed passed him, "Besides, who's the one wanting to get rid of all the blood before we go into the building? You claim you're a Rogue? More like a Stray Pussy Cat. Next, please."

He was quick to follow as I turned on a flashlight and looked around, Castian's hand ripping the shirt out of my hands and throwing it over his shoulder, "Alright, Kid, but I'd rather be the one they go after if shit goes down."

"Don't bother, I have a better idea," I waved him off when he reached for a rock, placing my thumb and middle finger into my mouth and doing a deafening whistle.

You'd think he shat himself with how fast he pulled out his pocket knife, glaring at me as he growled, "And y'all say I have a death wish. I was going to take this shit slow."

Shrugging, I strolled further in and looked around. My eyes only found stupid egg sacks, disappointment slipping through my voice, "Are you sure she's even in here?"

"I'm so positive I could be having triplets. Something's up," Cast joked from the doorway, kicking some things around. Of course, we had only checked one room so I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong... Part of me just hoped to be right.