#70 You're the prey.

I ditched school, unable to face the crowds of irritating faces. Someone would get hurt and I would get suspended. I had so much pent up rage inside of me being around anyone right now was not a good combination. So I went home and planned to lock myself in my bedroom and paint a new mural.

I listened for the sound of voices before entering the house. All I could hear was the clanging of the tin cans that had mounted up behind the door as they got pushed out the way. But the silence of human presence in the house was a good thing so I proceeded inside, making a beeline for the kitchen cupboards.

I settled for a bowl of stale cornflakes, dry since there wasn't a drop of milk in sight. I heard the familiar clanging of the wooden door against the tin cans and my heart sank knowing someone had entered the house before I had a chance to escape to my own quarters.

"You here boy?" Jax's husky voice shouted from the hallway and I ignored him, hoping he would just go sit in the jax shaped dent of his armchair and leave me alone.

"You deaf or something?" Jax opened the fridge and took out a bottle of beer, I shoveled more dry flakes into my mouth and refused to engage in any spoken contact with Jax.

"How much you think this will sell for?" Jax threw a photograph down in front of my bowl and the sight of it instantly repulsed my stomach. I screwed my eye lids up and pulled my eyes away on instant.

"Fuck! Jax! I don't want see that!" I exclaimed with pure shock and disgust rolled into one.

I felt his fingers gripping the tusks of my hair and yanking them back towards the photograph but my eyes remained tightly closed, even though the image of my mother stark naked and sitting in a compromising position will now forever be scarred into my memory.

"I asked you a question." Jax said again with a sharper tone to his voice this time.

I stood up from my seat quickly, forcing Jax to release the strands of my hair he hand been holding me in place with. This was it, the time to off lay all of the rage I felt earlier and I couldn't think of a better person to offload it on.

I shoved my hands hard into Jax's chest taking him by surprise and knocking him back so he banged his rear on the fridge door. I could see by the look in his eyes that it took him a few seconds to realise what had just happened but once he snapped back into the present I knew things were about to get even messier.

"Fucking lay your hands on me, you son of a bitch" Jax threw a punch directly into my mouth and I could taste the familiar irony tinge of my own blood but I didn't let that slow me down. I threw my own fist at his face, colliding with the line of his jaw. My punch didn't have as big of an effect on him because I wasn't wearing the chunky rings but it did leave a red mark and I'm pretty sure he'll have a bruise there in the morning.

Jax clutched his jawline with the hand he wore his rings on, he remained silent for a few seconds as he contemplated my actions. I've never truly fought back to Jax before. He threw another punch to my lip and one to my stomach. After a beat he started cackling, like my efforts amused him.

Why are you fighting back Liam. You won't win. He won't stop. You're making this worse, just let him get it over and done with.

"Why you so mad today boy? That little slut of yours finally realise how fucked up you are?" If the vision of his yellow stained teeth as he smiled at me like he had already won wasn't enough to push me over the edge then his words certainly were.

I didn't think about it anymore I just threw punch after punch directing each one towards every area of his face. I wanted to leave him black and blue. I wanted to have him bleeding and swollen Just like he has done to me countless times. I wanted to punish him for introducing this life to my mom, I wanted him to hurt like I've hurt my whole life. I wanted him to suffer endlessly. I wanted him dead.

"You've." Punch.

"Made." Punch.

"Me." Punch.

"Like." Punch.

"This." Punch.

I broke my own promise as the tears streamed down my face. Crying in front of Jax, showing him how weak I really was. Showing him how broken I felt inside. The rage washed away in a flood of my own upset and I fell to the ground, breathless and heartbroken. Jax stood over me, intimidating my small posture and casting a dark shadow over my face as he held various points of his own face in an attempt to ease some of his pain.

Somewhere deep inside of me I wanted for some sort of sympathy. Here I was falling apart and breaking down openly in front of him, I wanted some acknowledgement for that. A simple pat on the shoulder or kind words. I held my face, trying to capture the fallen tears in the crevices of my hands and now I realise that was the worst thing I could of done.

Never take your eyes off a wild beast when you're the prey.

I felt a sharp twinge of pain across the back of my head and smelly liquid poured all over me along with small shards of glass. Everything went fuzzy and I could hear a buzzing of tinnitus coming from inside of my head. I collapsed down onto the floor, unable to hold the weight of my own body any longer and lay in a puddle of fresh beer from the bottle that had just been cracked over my head. Jax walked away presumably to clean himself off from my aftermath and I knew this was my chance to escape so I dragged my heavy body up and made my way to the front door.

My body had vertigo and my ears still rang with tinnitus but I made my way down the street in the pouring rain, knowing I could find my way to her in any condition or state I found myself in.