Year 6-5 | Slug Club

The dinner 'party' Professor Slughorn held for his 'slug club' was exceptionally boring. I could notice a pattern of the people that attended this dinner, extremely smart or talented in something, or their parents are well known. Cormac was most likely invited to the party because his parents are both from the ministry. Blaise Zabini was also invited, his mom was rich and famous but for the wrong reasons. All of her 7 husbands died and she ended up with a ton of money.

During the whole dinner, I didn't speak much. I didn't look up either knowing Cormac would be staring at me. For dessert, we were served ice cream, it was really sweet with all the syrup, just the way I liked it.

"So tell me Cormac, did you see anything of your uncle Tiberius these days?" Professor Slughorn asked.

"Yes sir, in fact, he's meant to go hunting with the minister of magic over the holidays,"

"Well, be sure to give them both my best. What about your uncle Belby? Those of you who don't know Marcus' uncle invented the wolfsbane potion, is he working on anything new?"

"I dunno, him and my dad don't get on. He says my dad's potions are rubbish. His only potion that my dad likes is the one with alcohol anyway" Belby replied shoving his face with the ice cream. From right beside him, Blaise was judging every single movement he made though not saying anything. (A/N) Rewatched this scene over and over again and couldn't figure out the hell he was saying lol.

"What about you Miss Granger, what exactly does your family do in the muggle world?"

"My parents are dentists," Hermione said making everyone look at her confused. "...They tend to people's teeth"

"Fascinating, and is that considered a dangerous profession?"

"No, although, one boy did bite my father once. He needed 10 stitches," Hermione said laughing a little. Everyone once again stopped eating and looked at her confused, Blaise and I had the same exact look on our face. The door opened and Ginny came in with red eyes drawing the attention from Hermione to her.

"Ah, Miss Weasley, come in, come in" Professor Slughorn greeted

"Look at her eyes, they've been fighting again, her and Dean," Hermione leaned in to whisper to me.