110

The very same night, only a few hours later, I woke up from another nightmare with a scream. I was panting, my eyes were wide and I sat up as quickly as I could. Running my hands over my face, I flinched when I felt a hand on my back. Then I heard George shush gently, wrapping his arm around me, comforting me. I already felt a little better but I was scared. I hated having those nightmares. They felt so real and I knew they weren't but it felt... so real.

"It's okay." he whispered against my hair, pulling me closer. I rested my head against his chest as he sat against the headboard. He wrapped the covers up and around me but he didn't let go.

"George." I whimpered. My body was shaking and I knew he felt it. He kept rubbing up and down my arm, swaying me back and forth. "H-He... I was... I c-couldn't..."

"I know." George whispered. "You're okay. You're safe. It was only a dream."

I relaxed in his arms, melting against his touch and I closed my eyes, letting out the breath I didn't know how to let go of. George planted a kiss against my forehead, brushing my hair out of my face while he tried to look at me.

"I have a headache."

George ran his hand over my forehead before he tucked some hair behind my ear. His grip tightened around me while he reached for his wand. "Do you want me to fix it? Make it go away?"

"Yes." I whispered and tilted my head back to look at him. He sent me a soft smile, placing the tip of his wand on my forehead.

"Episkey." he said in a whisper and the pain faded, eventually disappearing completely. We had used that spell quite a few times through the years we had known it. It healed minor injuries but it also relieved pain such as headaches. "Better?"

"Thank you." I nodded while he put the wand back on his nightstand. "I could really use a drink right now."

"Yeah?" George laughed and looked down at me. "Alcohol isn't very healthy when used to numb pain. It can make you drink more and more because you realise it numbs the pain for the moment and suddenly, you keep drinking because you want to stay numb."

"I don't want to be a heavy drinker." I sighed. "I don't want to be like my uncle."

With a heavy breath, I swung a leg over George and straddled his lap, the covers falling down from around my shoulders. "Kiss me."

He placed his hand on my jaw and planted a soft kiss on my lips but then he pulled away and I sighed. "Properly."

"Liz, you just had another nightmare. You're still shaking."

I leaned in and kissed him, feeling the warmth from his lips. I loved this feeling and I couldn't say it enough. Whenever I kissed him, I just felt pure happiness and I forgot about all of the things that broke me at nighttime.

The next morning, George got up as usual around six to get ready to open the shop at eight. I was drifting between sleep and being awake and I could hear he and Fred walk around, talking and joking with each other. It was a lovely sound and it made me feel safe.

At eight I woke up like I always did when I had to be at Auror training. As I left the bedroom, I always managed to say a quick goodbye to the boys before they went down to the shop and as usual, George kissed me first.

Then I could get myself ready for ten o'clock which was when I met at training. I took a shower. A lovely cold one and got dressed, brushed my hair and braided it over my shoulder so it wouldn't be in the way today.

When I finished breakfast, it was half past nine and I decided to clean up around the flat. George and Fred aren't the tidiest people in the world and though they did help with the cleaning on weekends, I still felt like I had to do a lot of it as they are quick to make messes again.

When I was finished, it was fifteen to ten and I left. I locked the door behind me and made my way down through the shop, said a quick goodbye to George, Fred, even Verity before I made my way to training.

That was my usual morning. It wasn't boring, I was used to it and I liked it but if I had had a nightmare during the night, I'd be tired and so was I at this very moment.

-
This chapter is absolutely terrible. So sorry but I wrote it while extremely tired so I hope you like it anyway.

- Julie